Removing logo from blade

I hate how some companies now are printing their logo on the blade. How can I get rid of that?

Is it easier to get rid of if I have a plain blade or a powder coated blade? I was thinking it would be easier with a plain blade but I really don't know.

Yeah, it is easier to remove logos on plain / un-coated blades. Sometimes you can get away with just using a little Flitz metal polish. I would give that a try first.
Do you know what type of grind is on your blade?

I'm looking at the ESEE 6. That's what I want to remove the logo from. I just like a clean look. But I like the black or maybe tan powder coat more than I like plain on that.
You have told us, that you live on the road with only a ruck, that you wont carry even the smallest sharpening stone because it will break and that the Fällkniven DC3 diamond stone 'will be worn out within a year.' You also posted that 'ounces count' but you want to carry a six inch knife (and you worry about the logo for some reason)?

As low weight is of paramount importance to you and as here is limited room in a ruck, might I suggest a three inch fixed knife like the ESEE3 or maybe a light weight folder.
As you live the life of a hobo, it a smaller knife might be better for several reasons. We all heard about that Vietnam vet who travelled on the road with only a ruck and who got hassled by the local sheriff and even the National Guard, when he sauntered into the small town of Hope, Washington. He happened to be carrying a big knife and got into a spot of bother for a few days.

You have told us, that you live on the road with only a ruck, that you wont carry even the smallest sharpening stone because it will break and that the Fällkniven DC3 diamond stone 'will be worn out within a year.' You also posted that 'ounces count' but you want to carry a six inch knife (and you worry about the logo for some reason)?

As low weight is of paramount importance to you and as here is limited room in a ruck, might I suggest a three inch fixed knife like the ESEE3 or maybe a light weight folder.
As you live the life of a hobo, it a smaller knife might be better for several reasons. We all heard about that Vietnam vet who travelled on the road with only a ruck and who got hassled by the local sheriff and even the National Guard, when he sauntered into the small town of Hope, Washington. He happened to be carrying a big knife and got into a spot of bother for a few days.

What's this got to do with removing the logo?

He saves weight with a hollow handle and black sock sheath. ;)

I think he's trying to gently point out that you appear to be a (returning) troll... o_O

The point being, a logo on your blade would seem to be the least of the issues you should be considering, given your chosen life style.

That said, the esee 6 is a fine knife, made even better with the tkc scales. It has earned a spot in my rotation with some heavy hitters.
FeSa9bJ.jpg

I don't mind the logo or the coating. I have stripped an esee 5. The logo faded significantly but it was still visible. I think a slight regrind would get rid of the logo. You're not getting the coating and no logo without a significant investment in grinding the logo off and having it coated. Might rival the cost of the knife. And living out of a bag, I'd think that money would be better spent. I'd live with the logo or get a different knife.

I think it's called flat ground? I actually didn't buy it yet. I'm deciding between a powder coat that I like more or the plain that I don't really like as much but I like the logo even less.
I don't think Esee powder coats their blades ( I could be wrong ) I can't remember what their coating process is at the moment....it's early and MORE COFFEE! I striped one a long time ago with paint remover, they might have changed the coating by now, I'm not sure. I could still see the logo after I stripped it though.
Here is a link to a custom Google Bladeforums search, it works better than the one at the top of the page.
http://cse.google.com/cse?cx=012217165931761871935:iqyc7cbzhci

It being a full flat grind, you could "regrind" it with some good wet dry sandpaper and a piece of 2x4.

Last edited:
Just to add, here are some pics of the process of stripping the Esee 5. It was relatively easy. You can still see the logo but far less so; that might be an option. I think in this situation there is no free lunch. You aren't getting a stripped Esee 6 without the logo. Work will need to be done. How good it looks in the end, and who does it, will depend on the cost. If you had a place to live, I'd say maybe give it a shot yourself. Might be a bit tough challenge out of a ruksack.

fN7LESEh.jpg

NXOzpZ5h.jpg

sSCo8gYh.jpg

Gg5davYh.jpg

zn9PGoih.jpg

A2OsROhh.jpg

It being a full flat grind, you could "regrind" it with some good wet dry sandpaper and a piece of 2x4.
That's a good idea but I was hoping to see photos of knives that people did that to so I can see how it comes out. I like little projects but I don't know about this one.

Back