removing MY sig from posts

I get how to remove all sigs when viewing posts, but how to I edit my sig? From what I can see my sig has become part of my posts and not a seperate edit once/edit all event.

suggestions?

Well, you could try unchecking the box below the reply pane that says "Show your signature". That works for me.

I have no such box and I'm talking about all previous posts to this one

My guess would you don't see that box because you are a registered user, and as such are not allowed a signature. At least, I don't see anything resembling a sig line in your posts in this thread. If you were allowed a sig line, it would be accessed through "Settings" at the top right, then under "My Settings", "My Profile", "Edit Signature".

so my previously allowed sig, before the days of paid subscriptions and various levels of memberships, was made part of my post and to remove it I need to edit hundreds of posts to remove it?

I checked a little ways back and am not seeing a sig in any of your posts.
If you would like i can edit it out of your profile for you, but that may not remove any sig lines that may be in threads that are archived.

I went back to your earliest posts and can't find a single post with your signature displayed. Do you have an example we can look at?

I'm wondering if he's still seeing a sig because he needs to clear his cookies/cache?
The reason he still has an Avie is because of his join date.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/136868-Tuf-Cloth?p=1085310#post1085310

In this one there is my reply,

A short dashed line
My name
A tag line
A link to knifeforums (not sure why, some have this and some have a link to Canadian Knifemakers Guild site (which is under construction))

As opposed to others with sigs; their posts have a long solid line with pics, links, quotes etc.

I can go into one of my old posts and remove my "signature": http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/138100-REKAT-Rust-!-!-!?p=1099350#post1099350

There reason I am doing this now, is I was advised that it might be one reason for my lack of reponse in my job search. Someone googles my name and Bladeforums show up and Knifeforums also, so most people not of our likemindedness might see this as something they don't want in their work environment and reject me based on their own misguided fears about knives.

In the first link you gave, that isn't a signature. When you click "edit post" you won't see any signature code if it's a true singature. It looks like you added the signature manually.

There reason I am doing this now, is I was advised that it might be one reason for my lack of reponse in my job search. Someone googles my name and Bladeforums show up and Knifeforums also, so most people not of our likemindedness might see this as something they don't want in their work environment and reject me based on their own misguided fears about knives.

Unless your username here is also your real name, I don't see this happening, although I suppose it is possible. I use this same username in a number of places, but I've never had a search engine connect my real name with it, or had it turn up when searching for my real name. I did find out I was a Marine PFC who died in 1999, though.

In the first link you gave, that isn't a signature. When you click "edit post" you won't see any signature code if it's a true singature. It looks like you added the signature manually.

I did not add this manually. All I can think is somehow either thru a policy change or software upgrade, where I was previously allowed a sig that privilege was revoked my original sig got incorporated into. my posts instead of being removed.

My real name was in my sig line because 10+ years ago when I joined this was not an issue for me but nowadays with the things the way they are it would ease concerns to not have my real name pop up in google searches.

I did not add this manually. All I can think is somehow either thru a policy change or software upgrade, where I was previously allowed a sig that privilege was revoked my original sig got incorporated into. my posts instead of being removed.

My real name was in my sig line because 10+ years ago when I joined this was not an issue for me but nowadays with the things the way they are it would ease concerns to not have my real name pop up in google searches.

However it got that way, the old sig is now the same as the text in the posts. I only see two ways to remove the info. Manually edit each post or custom code to do it. The custom coding is unlikely to happen.

It will likely be up to you to google your name and edit out any posts you may find with your name still in them.

Just do a search on your real name by "posts" on the advanced search page. You have 63 posts with the "signature" added. Still a bit of a pain, but saves you from searching through every post to edit.

Back