Repairing a 3" Victorinox

I have a 3 inch, 3 blade, Victorinox knife that needs repair. One of the pins became loose and enlarged the hole. Now the hole is out of round. Does anyone out there know who might be able to repair this knife. It has great sentimental value. I would think that if the hole was welded and then filed and re-drilled, this would solve the problem. Unfortunately, I do not know how to weld.

I'd need more specifics before I could say yes or no. A picture or two would help a lot. Is it Alox or Cellidor?

How do I attach photos? I can email them to you but am not sure how to attach them to my reply. I am a novice at using a forum.

Last edited:
I have a gmail account under the same name as my forum name here. If you want to e-mail pictures to me, I can post them for you.

On a totally different approach: Did you consider sending this to Victorinox? Mostly likely they would simply replace the tool(s) affected by that problem. Even if you really don't want them to do that, I'm not sure if they would have another way, but I would give them a call nonetheless. Just a thought...

If this knife has sentimental value to you, perhaps you should consider shelving it.

I would personally think the cleanest way to fix this would be to drill the hole out a size larger and repin it. But I don't know

I would recommend editing your post to remove the real name, e-mail address and phone number to prevent these from being picked up by spammers and the like.

I would recommend editing your post to remove the real name, e-mail address and phone number to prevent these from being picked up by spammers and the like.
Thanks for the heads up. I removed my name and address as you suggested.

I fixed a similar issue by drilling the hole very slightly oversized then cutting the shank of that drill bit a hair longer than needed to span that hole and peening both ends on an anvil. Not pretty but it worked.

Back