1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Repaying a favor

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Randy3000, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Randy3000

Randy3000

Jun 3, 2017
    I have made knives about a 1.5 years now. My dad, who is an electrician, wired up my garage with 240v and i wanted to repay him the favor. I hope the knife is enough, he worked hard and did a real professional job naking the sheetrock smooth and all afterward.

O1 steel, black walnut scales, nickel silver liners and bolsters. I started doing slotted nail pulls and odd shaped shields (on wood and micarta handles), not sure what other people think about it, i am interested in your thoughts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gonebad395

gonebad395 Ironworker!

May 19, 2015
    That’s a really great looking knife.I bet your day will be extremely proud to carry a knife made by his son. And it’s great of you showing your appreciation for his hard work with your hard work. The slotted nail pull and the odd shield are really cool imo. Great work can’t wait to see more from you that’s for sure.

Randy3000 likes this.
  3. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Nice
    Maybe one day make him an electronicians knife

[​IMG]

Randy3000 likes this.
  4. Grouser1741

Grouser1741

Apr 17, 2018
    Strong work!

5. Randy3000

Randy3000

Jun 3, 2017
    I havent seen one like that! Normally when i think of an electricians knife, i think of a jack knife with a spear blade and a flat screwdriver blade. I can see the curved portion being used to strip wire, is that its purpose?

6. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    To my knolledge, yes.
    I have a simular blade on a multitool and it is very handy for stripping wire