Replace my Bk20 and Bk29 for a Busse Trough Raider.

Beat the snot out of your BK’s.
If that doesn’t do it for you, then spend ?x to get a chopper with a crazy name with a thick ass blade with a thicc edge. Make sure the steel has a cool ass name. You’ll be good. But after a while you’ll realize you gave up a coveted knife for another decent knife that cost ?x of the cool ass Becker you gave up. Ouch…
Moral of the story…don’t ever get rid of a cool ass limited Becker. You…will…regret it.

Don’t get me wrong, Busse knives are great, but don’t give up la imited ed. Becker knife to get one. Not worth it imo.

is there a way you could post pictures next to other blades for a comparison?

Last edited:
shouldnt hurt the value. lots of Busse blades sell for near retail after having been sharpened.

I know for a fact that knives that are fat behind the edge bump off of logs more than skinny behind the edge knives do.

up to you though.

maybe, I'll probably leave it alone but if I did what angle do think on each side?

shouldnt hurt the value. lots of Busse blades sell for near retail after having been sharpened.

I know for a fact that knives that are fat behind the edge bump off of logs more than skinny behind the edge knives do.

up to you though.

well. That blade could probably go to about 8 per side and still be ok for tougher use.

maybe 10 or 12 per side?

take your time with a hard sanding block and take the primary bevel (edge to the first fuller) down to a flat grind, working your way through the grits.
then add a new secondary bevel at 15-20 degrees per side to re-establish, strengthen, and stabilize your edge.

take your time with a hard sanding block and take the primary bevel (edge to the first fuller) down to a flat grind, working your way through the grits.
then add a new secondary bevel at 15-20 degrees per side to re-establish, strengthen, and stabilize your edge.
I'd love to see what that looks like!

up to you though.

They are known for super thick...... My TnT glanced off a log and almost caught me in the leg.
I'm trying to like that blade/sword..... But it's probably going up for sale, maybe this week.

I have no doubt that the BK9 would chop better.

They are known for super thick...... My TnT glanced off a log and almost caught me in the leg.
I'm trying to like that blade/sword..... But it's probably going up for sale, maybe this week.

I have no doubt that the BK9 would chop better.
never handled one but .25" spine seems a bit hefty to me.

I'm sure they know what they're doing. maybe try knocking the shoulder back on it.

never handled one but .25" spine seems a bit hefty to me.

I'm sure they know what they're doing. maybe try knocking the shoulder back on it.
It's just Way too short of a blade height.

They "should" of made a taller, but thinner blade...... But WTH do I know? haha o_O

Back