Replacement handle

Hello, I would like to know is Busse sells replacement handle scales for their knife. I have a well-used ASH-2 that needs some restoration and a new handle. I try to contact Busse customer service twice before the corona crisis but never get an answer. Thanks

I don't know the they do.

They will likely be happy to fix it if sent in to them.

Often times, handle scales are the defining feature used to eyeball a Busse and say "looks real"

There was a guy, a while ago, who was commissioned to mill a bunch of handles for Busse Busse swords, that turned out to be going on fake Busse swords. So they were destroyed/binned.

Post pics. If the handle scales are messed up, and you are not in a position to send it in, a competent knife modder could whip up a set.

Some customize their own ( have owned two hand shaped scaled knives a FBMLE that a custom knife maker hand shaped, and a KZII that I hand shaped)

Some like to drill the handle rivets and replace them with hollow posts and screws to make them removable.

I'd start by resending your email with Jerry included and/or calling during business hours.

Jerry Busse said:
Email both jerry@bussecombat.com & customerservice@bussecombat.com and/or call us at (419) 923-6471 (M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern)

Please allow at least 3 business days to respond to your email. If you do not hear from us, please call to make sure we received your email.

Thank you for your answers. I will try to recontact Busse. I bought this knife used with the intention of restoring it. The handle is fine, no damage so it is not a warranty claim. I just want a handle more grippy and since I need to remove the handle anyway to restore the blade it's the perfect time to replace the handle as well. I just wanted to know is some of you have already purchased some original handle from Busse. Also, is Busse still open during this coronavirus crisis?
Thanks

IMG-1137.jpg

Last edited:
One very easy trick to get more grip on your handles is to media blast it gently. I've used a few customs where the g10 was media blasted and got a great grip.

Or even lower tech, is to hand sand with lower grip paper to get then roughed up.

Doesn’t look like the knife needs any restoration!
Just keep using it.
The above mentioned blasting idea would work for both things, add some grippiness to handles and clean up the blade some.
Looks like coating might have been stripped of it and handles sanded to remove the groove pattern, but the it could have been comp finish with smooth handles from Busse.

Looks like coating might have been stripped of it and handles sanded to remove the groove pattern
You are right. The coating has been stripped and the handles sanded. I also want to remove the handle scale to strip the remaining coating under the scales.

You COULD try to work a trade for a Scrap Yard Trash-2, with Res-C handles. They are definitely much grippier than micarta or G-10. Just be aware that it would be SR-101 and not Infi.

Thank you for your answers. I will try to recontact Busse. I bought this knife used with the intention of restoring it. The handle is fine, no damage so it is not a warranty claim. I just want a handle more grippy and since I need to remove the handle anyway to restore the blade it's the perfect time to replace the handle as well. I just wanted to know is some of you have already purchased some original handle from Busse. Also, is Busse still open during this coronavirus crisis?
Thanks

IMG-1137.jpg
did you use sand paper on the handles or a belt sander? Just curious if you wet the handles before sanding to keep down the g10 dust which I hear is bad for the lungs.. I’ve got the same model and I’ve stripped it and left the carbon coat on as I like how it dulls the blade look . I’d like to sand the handles down to look like yours and was wondering the method you used. Your handles are beautiful. I saw where this one sold

If I need a non-slip grip, or need to make the grip slightly larger, I wrap the operator's end with sports grip-tape. works like a champ, easy to change out.

To the very best of my knowledge Busse has not and does not sell scales alone. I have however had them replace some for me (because orange is a colour that does not belong on a knife).
I have af 16 w/ orange handles I’d like replaced too:)

Back