Replacement parts for 710

Hi this is my first post on bladeforums I'm here because a few years back I inherited my grandfather's Benchmade 710. This knife was the first quality blade that I've owned and when I deployed I took it with me and used it daily until the blade chipped. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Benchmade getting a replacement for a discontinued knife. Thanks in advance for any information given

Yes, send it to benchmade. Their warranty and repair is one of the best in the business. Their QA has given them a lot of practice in recent years as well :p

That's a super cool knife, by the way. I hope you enjoy it, it should treat you well for as long as you have it. One thing benchmade does better than any other company I know is replace blades for a small fee, and fix most things for free or a very reasonable price, so you buy a benchmade and have it for life (if you aren't prone to the knife addiction like most of us here).

And for the blade chipping specifically, if the blade isn't broken that's a free re-sharpening through their lifesharp program. If you would rather have an entirely new blade, I think it's still only $20. Contacting benchmade is the best way to go and they're generally very helpful by email or by phone.

@Benchmade on the forums is pretty helpful too, but less responsive than their actual customer service lines.

You should give Benchmade a call: the 710 has only been discontinued a couple of years, so they may still have some blades. They will charge you for a new blade — around $40, I think. Or, if the chip’s not too bad, they may be able to regrind the original.

Yes, send it to benchmade. Their warranty and repair is one of the best in the business. Their QA has given them a lot of practice in recent years as well :p

That's a super cool knife, by the way. I hope you enjoy it, it should treat you well for as long as you have it. One thing benchmade does better than any other company I know is replace blades for a small fee, and fix most things for free or a very reasonable price, so you buy a benchmade and have it for life (if you aren't prone to the knife addiction like most of us here).

And for the blade chipping specifically, if the blade isn't broken that's a free re-sharpening through their lifesharp program. If you would rather have an entirely new blade, I think it's still only $20. Contacting benchmade is the best way to go and they're generally very helpful by email or by phone.

@Benchmade on the forums is pretty helpful too, but less responsive than their actual customer service lines.

Are you sure all this is true for discontinued Benchmade models?

I don't have any pictures of it and it's currently in Iraq with the rest of my things. Thank you customs haha. But the tip is broken off about a half inch. Thank you guys for the quick responses I'm going to call them and see about getting the blade replaced when I actually have the knife with me. My 940 and delica will have to do for my daily right now.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but it was brought up on benchmade’s company forum that they are out of replacement blades for the 710. still might be worth giving them a call to see if they can dig one up but i wouldn’t send it in to them without checking first

Back