Replacement Parts?

Thanks for the heads up jonnyfgroove
I am not a member of the customer services team, so I don't have access to the service logs or tracking info, but I will make sure this reaches the right people straight away.

OK, if people can send me a private message with their contact info, shipping addresses and the replacement parts they requested I will do my best to get this to the right people and addressed ASAP.
Please send me that info.

I still haven't heard anything back or received any packages since I received the email. It's a shame, as I have a very nice knife sitting unused for so long. I will send you a PM shortly Moderator. Thank you for your assistance.

Last edited:
I've completely Given up on Cold Steel for any parts. Ive been waiting on replacement clips for years. In fact, after A clip breaks, I just get rid of the knife.

Actually thats the reason I got away from Cold Steel all together, until recently when they stepped up their game with CTS-XHP, better blade finishes, new G10's. Pretty amazing Step on! Bought Tons of their new stuff...but as for customer Service. Its the worst I have ever encountered in the Industry.

I think its SUPER COOL of "Cold Steel Knives" ^^^^above^^^^ to do what hes doing. Much respect for that. Takes a lot of extra work....but If it werent for the amazing job upgrading and bringing in New Lines into the Cold steel lineup as of the past few years...I wouldn't have even considered Cold Steel a Bleep on the Knife Radar.

I'd LOVE to see if you ever got the extra parts. I and everyone I know locally who is a steel addict, even stores, have given up.

A couple weeks ago I asked CS via their website about a black pocket clip to replace the bold shiny one on my Code 4. Nothing but silence from them so far. Great knife, not so great customer service.

I do not really want this to be made into a Cold Steel bashing thread. With that said, I think it may be helpful to them to know of issues that are going on that may sour their customers. Let me just add, that I never expected them to give me free parts for things I screwed up. I just wanted to able to order parts that I was in need of. If this thread, or others like it, serve to help them improve communication and customer service in general, I believe it can be a positive experience for all concerned. CS Moderator, thank you again for stepping up here and trying to make a bad situation good.

I do not really want this to be made into a Cold Steel bashing thread. With that said, I think it may be helpful to them to know of issues that are going on that may sour their customers. Let me just add, that I never expected them to give me free parts for things I screwed up. I just wanted to able to order parts that I was in need of. If this thread, or others like it, serve to help them improve communication and customer service in general, I believe it can be a positive experience for all concerned. CS Moderator, thank you again for stepping up here and trying to make a bad situation good.

+1. Thank You Cold Steel For participating. :)

Apologies. We do not sell an alternative clip for the Code 4.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. Can we get a little creative here? What about the pocket clip for the Recon 1? Looks like the same clip footprint as the Code 4. If I were to ask to purchase a replacement right hand carry clip for my Recon 1, and then screwed it to my Code 4, knowing full well that Cold Steel doesn't appear to sanction any of this behavior, what kinda trouble could I get into with that sort of business?

^
Yeah, I wanted equal length thumb-studs from the Voyager to put on the Broken Skull. I was told they didn't have equal length studs for the Broken Skull and they would send me a new set of the originals. Seems like they would work, but I guess not.

I finally got the parts today. Thanks Cold Steel Rep.

Last edited:
Apologies. We do not sell an alternative clip for the Code 4.

Y'know, I find it kind of irritating that you've offered me little more customer service than the silence I got when I contacted you guys through your website. I'm trying to spend more money with you guys by buying the pocket clip I want on my knife, but you're not helping me do that. Instead you tell me you guys don't sell an alternative clip for the Code 4 but it really looks like you have some options that would work...and this is the level of crap customer service I think several people on here are complaining about. Now, if you'd looked into it and told me the clip from a Recon 1 has a different hole pattern or whatever, that would be the end of it, but you're not even trying to help me put things how I want them and that sucks. I was considering adding a Recon 1 to my collection but if I can't even get an additional pocket clip out of you guys, I can't imagine supporting your products further.

Back