Resilience vs. Tenacious vs. Persistence

powernoodle

Power Member
Just a couple of pics to get the ball rolling. The Resilience feels big, especially when you are used to its smaller siblings. But in all other respects, it feels like a big Tenacious. Which is what it is. Not overly spendy, but as the size and price go up, the value goes down. I plunked close to $50 with shipping for this one, and thats up there in the range of an Endura. But still a good value, no doubt.

The blade on this one is not centered [edit: on further review, its really not that bad], but this does not appear to effect function. Otherwise, its very sharp and I see nothing about which to whine. Its well constructed, and smooth opening. The liner lock is fully engaged.

I did I say that its a big knife? :) I'm going to go reprofile this one, as is my custom.

res2.jpg

Top to bottom: Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence.

res1.jpg

Resilience, Tenacious.

Last edited:
Wow, that is a monster. Thanks for the pics. Can you describe (or photograph) the liner lock engagement a little more?

Would you call it a poor man's Military? I like the looks of it better than the smaller two. If the blade centering really bothers you, it would be a cinch to fix after disassembling.

Would you call it a poor man's Military? I like the looks of it better than the smaller two. If the blade centering really bothers you, it would be a cinch to fix after disassembling.

Probably, though it's missing the Military's nested liners and needle sharp point I've come to love so much. I believe the Resilience is also a good deal heavier, though I would have to look up the specs.

I was waiting for the photo comparision, WOW that's big! :eek: I'll see about picking one of these up, might make a great all-around beater knife.

Could this be a test bed of sorts for the Military 2 as well? I see a large lanyard hole, 4 way clip position, etc. These things could be good indicators based on feedback.

the liner lock engagement

Bad cell phone pic, but here it is; its full engagement of the liner:

IMG00156-20101101-1737.jpg

After maybe 45 minutes on the Edge Pro at 15 degrees per side:

IMG_0352.jpg

I like this knife. Nothing really not to like. For EDC, I would probably go with the Persistence to save on pocket space, but for those who need a folding sword this might be it. Plus, you won't cry too much if you lose or snap it, which is a consideration.

This is the first Spydie with a clip that was too tight for my liking, but I cranked it with a screw driver and its now just right.

holy hell that thing is huge. Would love to see a closed picture. Can't wait till we get those up here

Noodle,

What are you going to do to mod it?

Eh, the only Spydie I have altered is the Gayle Bradley that I sent off to Tom Krein. I have thought about taking a dremel to the Resilience or one of its siblings, to round over the spine and G10. Someone around here did that to an old-style Manix once, and thats just about the sweetest knife I have ever seen on Bladeforums.

Bad cell phone pic, but here it is; its full engagement of the liner:

IMG00156-20101101-1737.jpg

After maybe 45 minutes on the Edge Pro at 15 degrees per side:

IMG_0352.jpg

I like this knife. Nothing really not to like. For EDC, I would probably go with the Persistence to save on pocket space, but for those who need a folding sword this might be it. Plus, you won't cry too much if you lose or snap it, which is a consideration.

This is the first Spydie with a clip that was too tight for my liking, but I cranked it with a screw driver and its now just right.

After seeing the liner thickness and lock-up, I will definitely be getting one of the Resilience knives!!!:thumbup:

RE blade centering: the blade wasn't centered on my Persistence. I loosened the pivot, pushed the blade all the over to the other side and re-tightened the pivot. Perfectly centered.

Well, I'm like the other guys. Wow, that's a big knife for a pocket riding folder.

Looks like it would be a helluva work knife.

Thanks for the pics, Powernoodle.

Robert

Back