Restoring old salt water lures

Mark Knapp

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
DSCF0168-X2.jpg

They were cleaned to bare metal, airbrushed then Mylar tubing was slipped around it. Now I'm doing the coats of clear casting resin. I don't have a heavy duty lure spinner for drying the resin so I have to do it one side at a time. I'll clean up the eyelets after.

For a different item but with the same purpose... I made myself a rottisiere system to epoxy coat my homemade wooden spearguns. And works like a treat. I bought a 220v BBQ rottisiere motor out of Aliexpress because living in Spain I couldn't locate any locally. But I am pretty sure you could find them much more easily than me.

The ones I have seen oriented for lures or small items usually have a drum-like attachment to be able to hold several at the same time. They are definitely worth it! (and easy to make)

Good job on those lures!

Mikel

For a different item but with the same purpose... I made myself a rottisiere system to epoxy coat my homemade wooden spearguns. And works like a treat. I bought a 220v BBQ rottisiere motor out of Aliexpress because living in Spain I couldn't locate any locally. But I am pretty sure you could find them much more easily than me.

The ones I have seen oriented for lures or small items usually have a drum-like attachment to be able to hold several at the same time. They are definitely worth it! (and easy to make)

Good job on those lures!

Mikel
Yes, I actually have one that I have configured for flies. I revamped it to hold lures. It's spinning right now.

Back