Retirement of Straight Handles?

Retirement of Straight Handles

• Continue to make Straight Handles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Continue on Growth path and drop the models

• Tweak them slightly to incorporate more flow

• Quit for a While a bring out one to sell every great while!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys, when I started making knives, I designed them around what was easiest for me to make, as you can see my style is changing some to more flowing designs. I want to design a new EDC and for now retire the blood edc current design and go a different direction as well as with my ringed fighter.. Due to the lack of Water Jet time at work, keeping material for all different thicknesses and blanks is hard some things have to go!

Question: Should I retire all Straight Handle Hoton Knives in favor for ergo and flowing designs?

Last edited:
I think it would be great if you tried something new, as long as you'd be willing to make batches of your old models every once in a while, I would love to have all your models but it's hard , even though you keep your prices very fair.

I agree with Heavy. The more you allow yourself to experiment and see what works, what doesn't, and what works even better, the better you and your work will be.

Someone wise once said....build a chopper and it will sell!!!!

CAMP JASON KILLER!!!!!

hard to say...I love strainght handles .

Id say until your too busy that you make whatever someone is willing to buy as long as it is fun for you to make it:)

dont slow down on your creativity but I wouldnt turn away orders either:D

hard to say...I love strainght handles .

Id say until your too busy that you make whatever someone is willing to buy as long as it is fun for you to make it:)

dont slow down on your creativity but I wouldnt turn away orders either:D

What K/H said!!!

I like the Blood EDC-Design! So if it´s retired, is there any chance you gonna bring it back once a while?

ollie

evolve my man....it can only get better!!!

:D

Time to be serious, I think.

You, sir, are an artist and not 'just' a craftsman. Young, yes, but still an artist.

While I have little of the artist in me, I do know this -- an artist cannot grow, cannot achieve, by staying in any one place. Let your muse guide you, and not a bunch of mooks like us.

Perhaps it would help to visit the web-site of a truly great, though very modest, artist -- a Mr. Don Fogg. Also, by chance, a knifemaker. Read what he has written about "The Way."

Then come and tell us heathens what it means to you. :) At that point, you will know what to do. :thumbup:

I like everything i have seen so far...i do wish you were still making 6inch ring fighters though:(.......since your asking the question it seems that part of you wants to try something new.... i agree with OP, as long as the art doesnt overwhelm the function:thumbup:

Jeremy,Always allow your creativity to flow.Don't constrain your mind,My designs are continuing to evolve every day.Occasionally offer your older designs,But keep moving forward as a artist!You are young,There's a lot of designs in your head!Inspiration drives my creativity most of the time.Keep up the good work!:D

Back