Reversing the Adjustment Pin

Sal & Co. have you guys ever considered reversing the adjustable pin on your liner locks like the Starmate and Military? if you put the pin on the side opposite the clip the clip could be mounted to allow deeper pocket carry. Benchmade uses a this arraangement on their liner locks and has much deeper carry than on most Spyderco liner locks. I think deeper carry, along your new black clips would make the large liner locks like the Military, Starmate, and Centofante perfect. What does anybody else think?

Anthony - The Centofante was designed for deep pocket carry. The Military was designed for convenient immediate access. If the knife sits too low in the pocket, deployment is affected as the hole is low in the pocket as well.

Different models are designed for different purposes.

Also some designs lend themselves better to deep pocket and others don't. Not everyone wants or likes "deep pocket" carry.

sal

Thanks for the information. I also wonder if you would prefer not to make your karge knives too concealable? If so, I understand. No knife manufacturer wants to accused of making weapons mean to be concealed.

Anthony - the Military is a "big knife". It was not designed with any parameters as to size, just function.

Though most Military's probably reside in urban pockets, the design was "go anywhere, do anything", light, strong, reliable cutting power.

If concealability is a question, I guess one could wear a jacket, drop it in the pocket, where Hawaiin shirts that are not tucked in (right Ken?) or carry a lower profile model when in urban territory (Centofante, Calypso, etc.

sal

For waistband carry, the Military hides pretty well even with a tucked-in t-shirt. I have a small frame and there isn't a problem with printing. There was a post some time ago about wearing the knife on the right side of the waistband of jeans with the clip under the belt but through the hip belt loop. This places (on my Levis anyway) the knife at a shallow angle but still concealed and comfortable. The butt of the handle also doesn't wear through my jeans above the right rear pocket (The AFCK, with its pointy butt worsens this). The top of the handle peeks out of the waistband (at an angle), but a fold of the shirt hides it sufficeintly. I usually wear an unbuttoned shirt or a lab coat, so concealment is even less of a concern.

Back