Reviews Drop Forged Hunter?

Nice chunk of 52100, I liked WeAllJuggleKnives review, definitely piqued my interest.
Almost reminds me of a baby ASH-1.

I have the silver one and the black one, they are both great knives. Drop forging is the strongest steel technique. It results in a 30% stronger steel than other types of forging. This knife is the right size for hiding. I like the leather sheath, but the kydex is perhaps more functional. Let me say again, drop forging allows the blade to be molded into shape during the manufacture, not ground into shape after.

Both knives have a powder coating. The steel colored knife is not bare steel. The bead-blasting steel look is really a powder coat, not bare steel. I soaked it in vinegar and blued it... looks great!

I have one. The knife is damn near indestructible. Razor sharp and stays that way. scary sharp, sharpest knife I ever used/owned. Very good price. Comes with kydex sheath. It's my EDC and I literally abused this know and it comes back for more. I have one of each drop forged models. Get One cause I think you will really like it.

I have one. The knife is damn near indestructible. Razor sharp and stays that way. scary sharp, sharpest knife I ever used/owned. Very good price. Comes with kydex sheath. It's my EDC and I literally abused this know and it comes back for more. I have one of each drop forged models. Get One cause I think you will really like it.
Is your DFH knife straight? Mine comes bent to the right side. I wonder if this is typical for this knife due to drop forging method or i got the lemon.

mine is perfectly straight. ifin you know a black Smith he could probably help you out. Is it very noticeable? I don't know what warranty the knife comes with but I would check it out? They are razor sharp damn near indestructible knives. Lots of luck and success.

Is your DFH knife straight? Mine comes bent to the right side. I wonder if this is typical for this knife due to drop forging method or i got the lemon.
I'd send it back it's suppose to be straight. I received a Golock not the same company, anyway a while back and it was bent/warped probably during the heat treating quenching phase if I had to guess. It sounds like the same issue I had.

DANG!! You've been here since 2004 and this is your first post! Wow you sir have self control Congrats and Welcome although you have been a member 5 years longer than me. Huh! I have to go drink some more coffee and wrap my head around this.

I'd send it back it's suppose to be straight. I received a Golock not the same company, anyway a while back and it was bent/warped probably during the heat treating quenching phase if I had to guess. It sounds like the same issue I had.

DANG!! You've been here since 2004 and this is your first post! Wow you sir have self control Congrats and Welcome although you have been a member 5 years longer than me. Huh! I have to go drink some more coffee and wrap my head around this.
I agree. On such a smaller blade to

2014 not 2004, thank you for your welcome (I'm to lazy to write general welcome post:)
I've attached a photo of bent knife below:
https://imgur.com/CJ7mwHm

Last edited:
I sent this photo to my seller, he offered me free replacement with free shipping in both directions, so i sent it back for replacement.
Thank you all for responses.

I’d send it back for sure. That is not typical.
Ya, that's not right. May effect when you do slicing. Glad you getting a replacement. these are fantastic Knives. I have one of the whole series. I believe that the Cold Steve Drop Forged Survivalist is one of the best knife ever produced. Check that one out if you feel like it?

This is very reassuring to me, since I already have reservation on last piece in store near me, I'll be getting my hands on it within few days :)

Oh hell yeah! You in for a great surprise! I can't say Enough great thing about this knife! You'll see. What a totally badass know. Let me know how you like it if you remember? Thanks again.

Oh hell yeah! You in for a great surprise! I can't say Enough great thing about this knife! You'll see. What a totally badass know. Let me know how you like it if you remember? Thanks again.
I'll be back with review as soon as I test it out my friend. :)

In my town Cold Steel is only major knife maker who has contract with a store and sells their products for fair prices, and so far I'm impressed by Cold Steel quality. I don't know about rest of the country tho (Croatia).
But for those prices and quality, I have no problem just sticking with Cold Steel.

Back