REX 45 Burnt Orange Paramilitary 2 Sprint Run

i saw them in stock at BHQ,jumped in with the "almighty" creditcard,filled in the form and when i pressed submit they were out of stock!F..CK!

afterwards i called,because i was pi..ed,and spoke to a guy called Casey and he was not helpfull at all!they don't give a sh.t about customers!i told him that 2 months ago i signed in for the REX 45 PM2 and NEVER received a notification that the PM2's are in stock!guess as long as they've got the $$$..........................................................................................................................

afterwards i called,because i was pi..ed,and spoke to a guy called Casey and he was not helpfull at all!they don't give a sh.t about customers!i told him that 2 months ago i signed in for the REX 45 PM2 and NEVER received a notification that the PM2's are in stock!guess as long as they've got the $$$..........................................................................................................................

Ha, yeah if people are burning up credit cards to buy these things who cares about a person on the phone or emails?
May you find that for which you seek

So, are these things still shipping or not? I have a sense of humor, but my time is not worthless.

Those of us who have one know first hand how really wonderful these knives are. I hope that everyone who wants one is able to get one by purchase or trade. This is one sprint run that I spent much more time trying to get, and have been fairly lucky with, but there have been lots of limited runs that I wanted that I was never able to get one, before or after release. This time, i decided to work longer and harder.

So, if you were one of those, who got one or more PM2 in 204p, M390, Maxamet or a River's Edge Para3 would you like to swap straight across with me?

The 204p was before I got in to Spyderco's.... But I did buy one second hand, like NIB .... funny how it turned up in the wrong box and filthy (3rd time that has happened with PM2 sprints). Missed the Red M390 by about a week, but got 2 from a flipper...Never had my maxamet pre order filled but bought 2 from flippers. So I have overpayed for pm2s, thats before you factor in the exchange rate and international shipping. They are limited runs, they are hard to get, harder from my side of the world.

BTW I dont sell my knives.

It looks like the Para 3 is in stock at DLT Trading. I’d get one but already placed an order with GPK a few days ago.

Edit - maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. I clicked the link to double check and it says out of stock. My bad. They are expecting more iirc

I still cant find it, even doing a search for all sold Spyderco knives over the last two days.

That is incredible. And from a reputable dealer. I wonder why it did not come up on any of my searches? Oh Well, Congratulations!!

Spyder: That is a lovely patina job! Did you take the blade out of the handle and do the whole length? What kind of mustard did you use? How does that compare to using vinegar?

Sorry for the delay, was out on a camping trip for a week. I did not remove the blade, just did the primary grind and slightly onto the ricasso. I just used plain yellow French's mustard, dabbed on randomly with my fingertip. Not too much, just enough to coat it. It actually doesn't seem to work as well if you use too much. I think it's the vinegar that's in the mustard that makes it work so well. I have used warm white vinegar several times on some fixed blades for a nice, even finish, but it generally turns out much, much darker for me.

That is a damn fine patina, got any tips?

See above. ;)

Now, after carrying this knife during my week-long camping trip, I was very surprised how much the patina darkened. Far, FAR more than my satin M4 or my Maxamet! These 3 knives were essentially all treated exactly the same to force a patina; a bit of initial kitchen use, then a mustard-forced patina was applied. The M4 and Maxamet have been carried much more too. If I would have guessed, I would have bet that the M4 wold have taken the heaviest patina, but that's certainly not the case here. Here are the pics, hopefully they show it well enough:

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

Back