REX 45 Burnt Orange Paramilitary 2 Sprint Run

nwr4jdJ.jpg

Blame, Really nice edge. What angle did you sharpen that to? What kind of sharpening system? (looks like Wicked Edge) What grit and type of stone? Strop?

Blame, Really nice edge. What angle did you sharpen that to? What kind of sharpening system? (looks like Wicked Edge) What grit and type of stone? Strop?

13 DPS on the edge pro with an angle cube. Diamond 400, 600, 1200 grit. EP 1000, 2300, 4000 grit. Balsa strops 1m, .5m, .25m diamond spray. Also used rock hard felt with diamond spray for deburring.

13 DPS on the edge pro with an angle cube. Diamond 400, 600, 1200 grit. EP 1000, 2300, 4000 grit. Balsa strops 1m, .5m, .25m diamond spray. Also used rock hard felt with diamond spray for deburring.

Beautiful. Nice job! I really like not having a micro-bevel, except the last natural amount that comes from stropping, and it looks like what you did.

My 5/31 Knife Center preorder just shipped!

I've never actually received a KnifeCenter pre-order so I don't have high hopes of getting mine. I figure the Para 3s will all drop tomorrow and I'll be too busy to snag one and have to take the hit in the For Sale forum later.

You are welcome. If you got an order confirmation number, you should get filled.

I've missed so many Sprint runs in the past that I wished that I had. So, now, I plan on getting the ones that I think have value, and trading later for the past ones that I want.

You are welcome. If you got an order confirmation number, you should get filled.

I've missed so many Sprint runs in the past that I wished that I had. So, now, I plan on getting the ones that I think have value, and trading later for the past ones that I want.

That's why I snagged the PM2 in Rex 45 to trade later for a Para3 if I missed out on those. Of course the knife has wowed me so much I don't think I want to part with it.

Yup! I know what you mean. The Kohetsu Hitachi HAP 40 Gyutos at RC 65 are my favorite kitchen knives. They are the last kitchen knives that I would sell. Was hoping that the CPM version was comparable in ability to take an edge as the Hitachi. And, I am delighted so far.

Here is what Mark Richmond has to say about HAP 40 on his website:
HAP40 is a semi stainless, Powdered High Speed Steel that takes and holds an edge better than any other steel available on our site. We think it holds the potential to become one of the best steels on the market for the production of high quality kitchen knives. Hitachi manufactures this steel and it contains abundant amounts of hard elements like W (Tungsten), Mo(molybdenum), V(Vanadium) & Co(Cobalt) We heat treat this steel for optimal performance at 65 HRC and you will find this blade will hold its edge an amazingly long time.

Last edited:
now out of stock at Blade HQ.

That was so fast, the system never even sent me an e-mail that they came into stock. Maybe it was up 5 minutes before they were all sold out.

That's why I snagged the PM2 in Rex 45 to trade later for a Para3 if I missed out on those. Of course the knife has wowed me so much I don't think I want to part with it.
I want the PM2 so bad! I've been waiting for months for this and now they're gone. If I snag you a PM3 you wanna trade? lol

Back