Rex 45 Sprints : Chief , Shaman, Lil Native, And Manix 2 LW

I’m done with rex45, waiting for next round of sprints in something else. Took a few tool steel knifes to prove they are useless in the long run.

Super happy for all the dealer exclusives coming out.
I disagree, they just need to not be left wet. I have had a carbon steel (VToku Stretch) in use for close to 2 years and it’s in great shape without much effort.

High alloy tool steels need to be sharpened less than all but the highest wear resistant stainless steels, that helps their long term life spans as well as the fact they they can often be resharpened with minimal effort.

Chromium is good in that it prevents corrosion and can make carbides, but is bad in that it makes steel brittle and harder to put a fine edge on.

Where did you score yours? I’ve been refreshing over a dozen sites like crazy since Thursday and still haven’t found one.

Where did you score yours? I’ve been refreshing over a dozen sites like crazy since Thursday and still haven’t found one.
I had a 40 minute medical zoom call and missed SFO, Got lucky with Blade Ops. Most of the big vendors haven’t dropped yet, So I think you'll have success getting one.

The REX 45 Shaman dropped at SFO this morning and is already sold out. Online vendors should start having them available as soon as tomorrow. Good luck to those interested!

Interesting timing. BHQ M4 Manix Xl will be available in a couple of days correct?

I believe they are also doing a normal native, a native 5 lw, a normal manix, para 3, and para 3 lw in addition to those OP mentioned. I see them here in my spyderco 2020 reveal volume 4 catalog that I got.

man, i really want one but idk if ill be able to

Saw Shaman Rex 45 burnt orange g10 available at Knifeworks and put one in my shopping cart. After entering payment info and clicked submit, it's already gone.:(

Sadly popular Sprints are pretty hard to get these days. Exclusives are easier even if they sell out faster because they are posted at a specific time. I've given up on the popular Sprints.

Sadly popular Sprints are pretty hard to get these days. Exclusives are easier even if they sell out faster because they are posted at a specific time. I've given up on the popular Sprints.
I'm not too far behind you TBH. I don't have the energy/desire/chutzpah/whatever-you-want-to-call-it to fart around chasing shadows all the time. Life is too short.

Saw Shaman Rex 45 burnt orange g10 available at Knifeworks and put one in my shopping cart. After entering payment info and clicked submit, it's already gone.:(

I hate when that happens, Hopefully you'll have success next time! Seems the popular sprints are trickeling out lately, Instead of one complete drop for each vendor!

Both Native 5 , Lil Native, And Para 3 Lightweight Rex Sprints hit vendors multiple times recently. I've had success getting some of these Rex knives at dealers who had already sold out a week earlier! No reason to get discouraged IMO, It's just a knife. There's always the next run:)

I hate when that happens, Hopefully you'll have success next time! Seems the popular sprints are trickeling out lately, Instead of one complete drop for each vendor!

Both Native 5 , Lil Native, And Para 3 Lightweight Rex Sprints hit vendors multiple times recently. I've had success getting some of these Rex knives at dealers who had already sold out a week earlier! No reason to get discouraged IMO, It's just a knife. There's always the next run:)

Yeah - just want to try out a shaman as I have never touched one. From what I read, there will be more sprint runs of shaman available this year and next year.

Yeah - just want to try out a shaman as I have never touched one. From what I read, there will be more sprint runs of shaman available this year and next year.
Considering how popular the Shaman variants are these days, I think your right on more exclusives coming this year.

A DLT Red G10 M390 HAS to be in the works , As is Cruwear black G10 from Knife Center! 3V, K390, CTS-204P, And 20CV are all probably making their way through the production pipeline.

Really liking the REX45 Lil' Native so far. It's like having a super robust Dragonfly with a whole lot more fidget factor. I'm having Cuscadi make me a set of orange (gotta keep with the REX45 theme!) canvas Micarta scales with the front flipper mod. :D

78L5yXd.jpg

gOy1WpM.jpg

Even though I'm probably going to end up getting all of the Rex45 Sprints, The Lil Native and Chief were the ones I wanted most.

After letting a friend talk me into a Lil Native DLC S30V , I can't believe how STOUT and useful the knife is for utility tasks. Having XL-XXL sized hands there was no way I'd jive with the Lil Native. Spyderco always surprises me!

Reactions: AF
I echo the comments on the Lil' Native. Got lucky right place right time and decided to try it out. This is a really fun knife it still feels very solid. First REX 45 also - interesting combo with the tool steel. Gonna be a user for sure. Loving this design!

I hope one day we see another 4V Lil Native. If I can get my hands on one, I'd really be able to understand the limits of 4V.

In the meantime, REX-45 will certainly get the job done.

I disagree, they just need to not be left wet.

I haven't had any problems with M4. I have an old Manix 2 M4 that I use as a work knife. It has a fairly gray blade but I haven't had any problems with rust except one time when I was carrying it while working in the yard and my pants got pretty sweaty. I have a Jade/Satin PM2 in M4 that I use in my EDC rotation and without special care it has just a little hint of patina starting to form. I don't live in a wet area but this isn't a dry area either. And my skin doesn't seem to promote rust. I've heard some people say that any steel they touch seems to rust a lot, and of course in an area more humid than normal you would need to take more precautions. Of course for people that don't want to worry about taking care of carbon steel there are plenty of good stainless steels on the market. In my EDC rotation I have S30V, S90V and S110V.

The Shaman seems to be very popular and there are many sprints, the next being Z wear, which is very similar to Cruwear and PD#1

One thing I wish they would change on the Shaman is the huge steel backspacer, you could probably save an ounce by going to standoffs.

Last edited:
Back