Rex 45 Sprints : Chief , Shaman, Lil Native, And Manix 2 LW

The Shaman seems to be very popular and there are many sprints, the next being Z wear, which is very similar to 3V.

One thing I wish they would change on the Shaman is the huge steel backspacer, you could probably save an ounce by going to standoffs.

The backspacer is for balancing the knife correct? If it is removed, weight needs to be add somewhere in the handle (liners?) or otherwise the blade needs to be ground thinner or narrower?

One thing I wish they would change on the Shaman is the huge steel backspacer, you could probably save an ounce by going to standoffs.

It's not that huge, but it can be removed easily enough and replaced with stand-offs. After-market stand-offs for the Military will fit it.

It's not that huge, but it can be removed easily enough and replaced with stand-offs. After-market stand-offs for the Military will fit it.
I didn’t know that military parts fit, very interesting. I get why it’s there (balance) I’ve just always felt it was something that makes the knife unnecessarily heavy.

I didn’t know that military parts fit, very interesting. I get why it’s there (balance) I’ve just always felt it was something that makes the knife unnecessarily heavy.
I think all the Golden-made models with stand-offs use the same ones - i.e. the Millie, PM2, PM3, Yojimbo.

It's also about where you want the knife to balance. I'm pretty anal about liking a first finger balance, but for the Shaman, I'd use it mainly in a choked up grip, so I wanted to bring the balance forward as much as possible. Not that the change to stand-offs makes a huge difference.

Many dealers did not even have time (or bother) to change the original (prototype?) pictures of Rex 45 g10 Shaman before it's sold out. BladeHQ and GPKnives are among the few that posted the pictures showing what the burnt orange g10 on this knife is truly like.

I wonder if all the models are at the 67HRc level? That’s what BBB tester the Para 3 as; with the SPY27 Para 3 testing out at 62 (high end of its range) I am torn between which Manix LW to get.

I wonder if all the models are at the 67HRc level? That’s what BBB tester the Para 3 as; with the SPY27 Para 3 testing out at 62 (high end of its range) I am torn between which Manix LW to get.

According to the HRC database on Spyderco forums, The lowest Rex45 was from the original trio released. ..Para 3 G10 64.7!

Most of the later knives like the KC TreeRex Shaman (67.2) and Para 3 Lightweight (67.1) have been good. Get both! :)

I have been waiting for the Chief and thought what if I don’t like it? So I bought a used Native Chief here on the forums and I can’t wait for this one. Nice size and I find myself liking the lighter weight.

Manix 2 Lightweight Rex 45 in stock at KW!

Edit: Gone ! Was available for at least 10 minutes, Also dropped earlier at B Ops

Last edited:
Manix 2 Lightweight Rex stock at NGKs.

Edit:Gone

Last edited:
So are all lw rex-45 Manix 2 gone or are some dealers still waiting for it from Spyderco?

So are all lw rex-45 Manix 2 gone or are some dealers still waiting for it from Spyderco?

From what I can tell some of the larger online vendors (GPKs, DLT, And KC) haven’t dropped the REX Manix 2 Lightweight yet.
I know DLT Texts and email alerts are relatively quick in notifying in real time. Same with GP Good luck.

Back