RF1-V2 Order Signup Information and Questions!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
RF1-V2 Order Signup Information and Questions!

I am about to bring back my original folder design with some major improvements! It will have the same classic lines and overbuilt features but will have a bit bigger blade to handle ratio, taller CPM-3V blade and about 1/4" longer at 8.75" overall with a bigger 3.75" blade. The RF1-V2 will open from both sides via thumb or finger flick and it will also be a front flipper! I'm going to use massive hardware including the biggest heat treated caged stop pin in the business as well as a large pivot and hardware.

I'll keep this up here for two days and we will do a signup (via here, facebook or email danielfairlyknives at gmail dot com) on Thursday morning.

I will be making these in order! I'll do the sign up and when your turn comes up (or sometime before) you can pick all of your options so you have a bit of time to decide on your custom configuration. I need a few of you to sign up to make this happen.

These will be handmade by me a few at a time with my goal being 1-2 knives per week output. Once I do the signup I will get the project started and keep everyone up along the way. please feel free to ask any questions, I am always more than happy to help.

Specs

8.75" Overall with 4.95" handle and 3.75" blade
.190" thick Titanium frames
.22" thick CPM-3V Blade
Ti Backspacer - Thick carved ti Clip

1/4" heat treated stop pin!
3/8" head 1/4" barrel heat treated custom pivot
Heat treated screws - will probably be 6-32
Highest grade ceramic caged bearings on the market, massive 1/2" size
Ceramic detent for smooth action
Carbidized lock face

Double shallow hollow grind with polished slightly convex edge
Stonewashed finish with loads of other options open

Base Price - $695 - USA shipping is included - International Shipping is Available

I am asking for a $20 deposit to secure your spot in line for the order. The deposit applies to the base price, for example a base model would be $20 deposit plus $675 upon completion. The deposit is absolutely non refundable for any reason, no trading or selling of spots. High end materials like a Timascus frame side will most likely require a larger deposit sometime before the build to help secure materials. No deposit required until the signup is complete.

Options! I'll be adding to this list as I go and you can decide on your configuration sometime before your turn comes up.

Left hand option! - no charge... includes left hand frame side and clip

Chisel grind - no charge for most... also open to compound chisel grinds

Heavily Contoured Scales - $40 - thick in the middle tapering to an ergonomic perimeter

Milled/Sculpted/Textured/Etc Scales - $40 and up depending on labor time, talk to me for a quote

Acidwashed Blade - no charge

Two Tone Blade - $50 (eithe satin flats or satin bevel with contrasting acidwashed/stonewashed flats or bevels)

Anodized Frames - $25-40 more ($25 for most solid finishes and $35-40 for tie-dye, fade, two tone (anodized, stonewashed then anodized a lower voltage color) copper/green or green

Stonewash the Anodized frames - no charge after anodizing charge

Jimping! $20 per area/section for most types including hand filed fine jimping, round or even squared off milled jimping. I recommend spine jimping on the blade for front flipping. I will jimp the spine, backspacer, backspacer or front top of frame, bottom tailing end of frame and more.

Fuller or Double Blade Fullers - $20-50

Different Blade materials - just ask!

Titanium SK Pivot with heat treated stainless steel barrel - $10

Titanium Pivot Collar - $25 (includes anodizing, orange peel, etc) (I can also do copper pivot collars and maybe more later)

Timascus Clip - $50 (I have some incredible Black Timascus with Zirconium on hand)

Timascus show side - $300 (let me know a bit in advance on this so we can order some great looking material... extra thick may cost more)

Zirconium Clip - $40 in black zirc

Zirconium Show Side - $150 in black zirc

Zirconium Pivot - $40 in black zirc

As mentioned I'll be adding more options as we go and please inquire with any ideas for options you want, etc and I'll see if I can make it happen!

Here's the design... I'll get pics up of the lock side next.

rf1v2shape.PNG rf1v2shape.PNG

Back