• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

RF3 Flipper Framelock [sold, thanks!]

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
RF3!

This one has lots of great contouring and a blade that really cuts nicely! The stratified finish on the clip, backspacer and spine adds texture and looks great.

Great action all around! Fires hard, nice and smooth action, well centered with strong detent and smooth lock release.

Materials Used

.16" Titanium Frames, Clip and full length Backspacer
.13" AEB-L Steel Blade with my heat treat
SK Bearings
AKS Hardware all around - fully customized and heat colored AKS pivot
Ceramic Detent
Carbidized Lock face

Details

Stonewashed Blue Anodized Finish - looks great and wears well!
Acidwashed Blade
Double Hollow Grind with Polished Edge
Double Swedge

~8" long
~3.5" Blade

Ships with USA made case and patch!

USA shipping is included - International Shipping is Available!

$625 at www.fairlyknives.com

ba4a3872ee60d0cf8c20dc3ab61f5e7b.jpg

59efc22b93634d4262302fee9e7f6a20.jpg

55d9c8be7257bfb902fbc7d6b5178e8a.jpg

da43582f5a2f1aa94ffbbf5f483e23f9.jpg

Last edited:
These are handmade in my shop including heat treat. This knife took five full days to make. :cool:

71743e9efe48d5487634e01385da9165.jpg

Last edited:
Sure a great looking folder, Daniel!
There a lot of innovating moves you have made on this one. The finish is terrific.
Frank

This looks great! I like what you did with the handle. How did you take out those grooves so straight? Did you mill it? CNC?
P.S. any knife making tips would be greatly appreciated.

This looks great! I like what you did with the handle. How did you take out those grooves so straight? Did you mill it? CNC?
P.S. any knife making tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The grooves were manually milled in, I just count handle rotations on the mill to keep the spacing somewhat accurate. No CNC... everything is done by hand in my shop besides initial waterjet rough profiling and hole spotting to help keep things uniform. This one has about 5 days into it including heat treat.

I started with just a file and vise I clamped to my porch rail. Take things one step at a time and you can do anything!

I moved up from the porch rail to a tent and worked outside full time through two Winters... dug a 4' deep by 70' long trench by hand and ran my own electric... built a shop and now I'm just one more tool purchase away from having a complete shop!

I'd buy a foot or two of steel that you can send off for heat treat, a Nicholson Magi-cut file, some clamps, get a basic design going and start filing! It's a lot of fun and goes quicker than you might think. Just let me know if you have any questions!

Back