• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

RGT Custom Knife Scales, Titanium, Anodizing, Timascus and more!

BOOKS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

For gallery of previous work
www.rippsgaragetech.com
Facebook

Contact Email
rippscnc@gmail.com

Get a hold of me via email if you want something made.

If I have already made something you want wait time is usually not that long. I am not going to say how long its "done when it's done."

If its a new knife give me a shout and I'll give you a rough time frame.

Now offering titanium anodizing, Blade etching, stonewashing, and Carbidizing

Soon to come, Aluminum anodizing.

Payment
I will accept Paypal, Dwolla, Credit Card, and Money orders.

PM or Email for orders.

XyMBcatl.jpg

DvTyphQl.jpg

YbDLFQJl.jpg

LCEJdSOl.jpg

7B0nyZWl.jpg

CAe7BgRl.jpg

yoEIgyVl.jpg

zOi99Ftl.jpg

HO4BBiTl.jpg

unAKIbql.jpg

aKcpEADl.jpg

Lf4cbvsl.jpg

t8RyzqYl.jpg

fuzn5xFl.jpg

1FG2Npkl.jpg

6nWxFlBl.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking work! I had a couple of question:
1. Do the custom scales retain the SpeedSafe assisted opening capability?
2. Is it possible to mill g-10 standoffs to replace the backspacer? If so what would it cost?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

1. Yes Knife opens and lock in place just like it did before.
2. I can sure try! What are you thinking?

I'm interested in two scales, one in the V pattern and one in the Hex pattern. At the moment I'm thinking Black Canvas Micarta for both, left very dull and unpolished after the milling.

I never liked the back spacer they used in the Thermite, but am loathe to search for the steel or ti standoffs that perfectly match the width dimensions. So my thought is since you have the mill, maybe you can mill out some basic spool shaped standoffs for each of the screws. To make things simple, just use the same color as the handles. Later, you could offer different color standoffs as you acquire more G-10 / Micarta stock.

One thing that I noticed about the scales you made was that the outer edges appear quite sharp, is it possible to sightly round off or 'dehorn' the outer edges? I think that would add a nice touch to soften that edge a bit.

Let me know if any/all this is possible, and thanks for hearing me out.

I just reread your original post. My bad for asking for micarta.
Please consider my last request with Coyote Brown Course Texture.

Thanks.

I can def give Micarta a shot.

I wanted to pick some up anyway. Ill let you know when it arrives.

I do have a bevel bit coming for my CNC so the edges will be at a 45 degree angle. Getting a rounding bit soon as well.

Any thoughts about the feasibility of g-10/micarta standoffs?

Please keep me in mind if your experiment with the micarta pans out, I think the Black Canvas Micarta would look really nice on a BlackWash Thermite (or any other BlackWash knife)!

Yea I can deff make a g-10 standoff. Ill measure it up next time i take the knife apart.

I'm not sure how the micarta will machine so I will let you know. I need to find a good source for it too.

USA and Alpha both carry, just not sure which is more cost effective for you. Not sure if I was allowed to provide a direct link.

Gooon Ill get some ordered.

Kyle_4 Not sure yet. Not sure how difficult it will be. between $30 - $60

Do either of you have an estimate at the thickness of the 0566 scale? I need to know if I should order 1/8" or 1/4" ?

Hmmm. I've always wanted a coyote brick and mortar pattern set of scales for my 0350. Any ideas what that would cost with a matching back spacer?

Due to how hard this stuff has been on my tooling so far and the cost of shipping materials I'm going to have to start charging a little more.

o4tg - I would need the knife to make a pattern. Email or PM me an example of something and I'll let you know if I can do it.

I plan on making back spacers at some point soon. Not sure the cost. Depends on how long/difficult they are to make.

Full Thermite packages will be around $45 Shipped unless you are out of country our shipping is more than normal.

The 0566 scales - $65 plus shipping(same as above).

Prices may continue to fluctuate until I get things figured out.

If you already placed an order or inquired about one don't worry you are locked in at the price we discussed.

See above for more details. Back to the fun part!

JbvBcICl.jpg

ZqBRl88l.jpg

GNCjCMpl.jpg

s1DsvTJl.jpg

FH5Bhrvl.jpg

oypWCcCl.jpg

Some new scales today. Waiting on a few more colors for a few of you. Should receive the 0566 early this week.

BqIftjal.jpg

goXCTMul.jpg

vhgVjMUl.jpg

elSJSv2l.jpg

kvZij24l.jpg

Guj8vYRl.jpg

xqKnUdEl.jpg

That is phenomenal work!!! Just sent you a PM!

Thanks guys!

Got a few whipped out monday... I broke all of my bits last night. waiting for more to come in the mail. should be machining by the weekend again.

Progress made on the 0556. Model made. Needs some tweaks. Awaiting fit testing.

Some new material showed up yesterday as well. Will be trying some micarta and 2x2 G-10 black and blue.

I'll update you all at the end of the week/early next week. Stay tuned!

AiQ80rHl.jpg

Back