Richard Rogers Knives: let’s see um

I love Richard's knives. Alas I only managed to order one truly classic traditional from him but I do have a few of his flippers which are also beautiful.
He and Sally are two of the kindest, most generous people you will ever meet. I only wish things had been different this year so I could have visited with them at Blade. Here is mine.........

Richard made a few of those little single blade trappers some years ago. He's a really nice guy, easy to talk to. His lobster pattern knives are astounding.

Anyone else have a Richard Rogers knife? I happened across this little fella hiding in a drawer. It’s just so small and so light.View attachment 1458472
That’s so cool. I have a few too. I absolutely love mine.

Richard and Sally are also some of the nicest and most genuine people you’ll meet. I get the chance to see them every year at SHOT show. Missing that this year.
jdlXYJW.jpg

ZImi76r.jpg

6ZhxlpO.jpg

JCORn0R.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a few of his knives. One was a sowbelly just like Charlie's pictured above. A bolster lock in ivory was one of my favorites. The last Blade Show I attended in Atlanta, I noticed quite a few traditional slipjoint makers were going into the high tech market. (that's what I call it) Breaks my heart to see it but a maker has to produce what people want. I still shake my head in disbelief but times do change in the custom market. I'll take a custom Eureka Jack with any type of natural scale material any day. Tech slipjoints just don't register with me. They seemingly do for quite a few others. Otherwise, they wouldn't be making them.
Greg

Last edited:
I am in agreement with you Greg! But I guess a knifemaker has to make a living!!:rolleyes:

Back