1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Bad Rick Barrett (Resolved)

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Havoc550, Nov 19, 2019.

1. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    These types of thieves will never change until they experience a serious downside from their actions.

bonky and OilMan like this.
  2. Murindo

Murindo Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Broken record.... never pay upfront anything more than a $ 50 deposit.

Reputable knife makers do not charge upfront.

bonky, M.McAlevy, JJHollowman and 3 others like this.
  3. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Oct 10, 2000
    I just have to chuckle every time I read one of these, it's always exactly the same. I swear, I should become a "custom knife maker".
    Too bad I have a conscience...

ßäD ßöß likes this.
  4. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    I didn't believe it until I went onto his website and saw it for myself!

Great business model......you send him money and you may or may not ever get a knife. You can't complain because you tacitly agreed to the terms on the website.
    He can then send you anything he likes, when he likes and you can never complain or return it...........!!
    He is absolved from all future problems and quality issues........What a guy!!:rolleyes:

I fixed it for you........;)

5. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Apparently not. Still not on pp 1-5 of a Google search, even when knives OR knife is added. :(

6. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    That is absolute clownshoes and I am at a loss as to how ANYone would give that scumbag money. I can tell you that if I paid $2,200 for an agreed-on knife and the final product wasn't what we agreed on, I'd be getting an immediate refund or remake, or else I'd be flying out for us to have this discussion in person.

Before anyone attempts the "OMG we got a tough guy here" nonsense, the fact is, distance is what allows many of these shyster scumbags to continue operating. It's easy to scam people who you know aren't ever going to show up at your door, demanding their money in person. It's easy to spin a story, or fabricate a bunch of excuses over a hastily typed out email or poorly edited text, it's quite a different thing entirely to have to look someone in the eye and lie to them. Guy took your $2,200? Get a couple hundred bucks together and hit Spirit Airlines, land, head right to this guy's house, it'd be that easy.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    LizaMari, bonky, JJHollowman and 9 others like this.
  7. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Glad to see you post in the facebook group OP. It was turning into a circus. They showed exactly why I hate the facebook knife community.

Hell, Rick even commented on that thread and offered zero info other than that he has the knife. Apparently he isnt trying very hard to sell it, considering how defensive they got over him. Should be easy for him to post it up.

ßäD ßöß likes this.
  8. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Has ANYONE ever SEEN the kinife?

LizaMari, bonky and JJHollowman like this.
  9. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    The OP should not have to wait for this moron to sell the knife to get has refund. He asked for the refund before the knife was finished (maybe even before it was started for all he knows, with no communication and no pics).
    Refund NOW and selling the knife is Ricky's problem.

LizaMari, bonky, JJHollowman and 2 others like this.
  10. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    So, Rick Barrett of Barrett Custom Knives is a thief and a liar?

LizaMari, JJHollowman, CoryMc and 3 others like this.
  11. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I seem to have heard somewhere that Rick Barrett the knifemaker at Barret Custom Knives may, indeed, be a thief and liar!

LizaMari, JJHollowman, CoryMc and 2 others like this.
  12. CoryMc

CoryMc Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Myself, I’m shocked appalled to hear that Rick Barrett the knife maker at Barrett Custom Knives is a thief and liar!

13. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Guys, I just heard some troubling news, that Rick Barrett, the knife maker by that name of Barrett Custom Knives is a thief, liar, and all around scumbag!

LizaMari, JJHollowman, CoryMc and 5 others like this.
  14. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    What got me the most was that he got on the fb group and basically put the blame on the buyer:mad:. He had a chance to make it right. Used the sympathy play that he is trying to keep a roof over his kids head. Ummm we are all trying to keep a roof over our kids heads, that does not give you an excuse rip people off. So yes, I believe Rick Barrett of Barrett Custom Knives to be a thief and a liar.

LizaMari, bonky, woodysone and 3 others like this.
  15. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    Rick Barrett aka Barrett Custom Knives is a thief and a liar.

LizaMari, bonky and Worldwatcher like this.
  16. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Yes unfortunately, it seems that Rick Barrett the knife maker at Barrett Custom Knives is a thief and liar!

Rick Barrett the knife maker at Barrett Custom Knives is a thief and liar!

LizaMari, bonky and Worldwatcher like this.
  17. Foghorn Leghorn Fan

Foghorn Leghorn Fan Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Without my reading glasses I have to squint to read, in a effort to help others with this issue:

Thieving knife maker Rick Barret of Barret Custom Knives is a outright THIEF and a LIAR

LizaMari, bonky and Insipid Moniker like this.
  18. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    Wait... are you saying that Rick Barret of Barret Custom Knives is a outright THIEF and a LIAR?

LizaMari, bonky and Insipid Moniker like this.
  19. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    I believe they are saying Rick Barret of Barret Custom Knives is a outright THIEF and a LIAR.

bonky and Insipid Moniker like this.
  20. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    "A man who stabbed a debt collector 30 times after she visited him to collect some money has been found guilty of murder.

Geoffrey Hutton, 38, murdered Tina Cantello at his home in Langdon Hills, Essex, in June. Her partially-clothed body was found upstairs in a bedroom.

After a two-week trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court, jurors took two hours to convict Hutton of killing the 49-year-old mother-of-four.

He will be sentenced on Wednesday.

The court heard how Ms Cantello, who worked for Provident Financial, visited Hutton at his home in Derby Close at about 17:30 BST on 8 June.

She was reported missing by her family after she failed to return home."

brownshoe likes this.