Rick Menefee Knives...

comoha

Gold Member
At the risk of being redundant (I know there is a thread like this in the "Custom and Handmade Knives" forum), I would like to start a Rick Menefee knives thread here in Traddy Town. I know there are plenty out there to share so let's see 'em.

I'll start with a Dogleg in ivory micarta and a Large Gunstock in butterscotch micarta with black bomb shield.
rm010.jpg

I like the gunstock!(both are nice) I do not remember if I have seen a picture of that one before. How does it feel in hand?

Ken

The Gunstock is a new model of his I believe. Haven't seen one like it before either. The handle is 4 1/8" and very comfortable in hand. What amazes me is the thinness of the blade from the swedge out to the tip. An incredible slicer. I can see it doing fish fillet duty sometime this summer.

Nice ones...and that's a bent gunstock and that pattern looks familiar ;) Rick does fine work :thumbup::cool:

...on second thought, maybe not so bent:eek: Maybe Im bent :p...at any rate they're both fine. Lucky you!

elliot or Rick, What would you call the micarta on that first Dogleg. A splendid knife indeed, and not the only splendid one.

Bosse

Gotta get me a dogleg!!!! Those are all nice. Elliot, what model is the last one you posted up with the bullocks shield on ivory micarta?

elliot or Rick, What would you call the micarta on that first Dogleg. A splendid knife indeed, and not the only splendid one.

Bosse

Bosse, it's generally referred to as "natural". It can vary in shade between a tan with orange tones and brown. The other micarta is "ivory" as I'm sure is evident.

Gotta get me a dogleg!!!! Those are all nice. Elliot, what model is the last one you posted up with the bullocks shield on ivory micarta?

That's a prototype I came up with and asked Rick to build.

It's based upon the Eureka Jack frame (as graciously supplied by Tony Bose to Rick) with the addition of a modified wharncliffe (or Zulu) style blade.

Thanks for the info. That's real nice, kinda looks like an inverted dogleg or a dogleg x sway back.

...have been made by my buddy Rick. He's a fine fellow. :)

That's an elephant ivory federal shield which was a surprise gift from Rick.
IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1901-2.jpg

Ford, I've said this before, but the saddlehorn you got from Rick is probably the nicest knife I've ever seen.

P.S. Where did you get that tomato, it looks perfect!

That mammoth ivory saddlehorn is one of Rick's finest I must agree, as I think he would as well.

Rick and I are both federal employees, and he signified our common shield in ivory as a gesture I will not forget.

The tomato was homegrown. :)

I'm having Rick make me a saddlehorn when my name comes up on his list (I'm thinking a little longer, maybe 3 1/2"), ever since I saw the picture of yours I wanted one.

Back