Rick Menefee Knives...

Jake the shields are stabilized with super thin industrial type superglue. I then flat sand small piece flat to .125. let them sit a few months. I cut the shield pocket a full .125 all the way to the liner material. Then I take a carbide burr inside the pocket and cut random holes. Do the same on the side of the shield. Ill drill a 3/64 hole in the bottom of the shield pocket. The shield itself depending on the cutter brand and such run .0005 smaller than the hole. Its a press fit without the hole air gets trapped. I use industrial super glue to hold the shield in. I have never had one come out. I also run a piece of 3/64 silver wire into the back. I use to thread it in from the back. I think its over kill.
regards
rick

Thanks for the explanation Rick...I'm always looking to learn something new. Sounds like it's not going to ever be an issue coming out of place. Excellent work.

Rick, those drop points look great. Congrats Jake, that is one fine LC. Expecting mine any day now.

Rick, thanks for the knives, from the group buy. I was finally able to get to the post office, yesterday. They look great!

Just got this maple drop point in...excellent work Ricky, I can't wait to get it in the woods and inside of a deer. Thanks to Vince also for letting me purchase it, you guys are awesome.

This is the definition of tapered tang...that's how it's done!

Thanks guys. I go through hunting knives as much as I go through hunting gloves/socks. I'm buying new ones each year. It's always an experience using a new knife for the first time since you never know how you'll like them until you're actually field dressing an animal. However, after using my fair share of knives, I can tell this one is a keeper.

I like the finger choil and how it really allows you to choke up on the blade. The contours of the handle allow it to be a comfortable hold either way as well which is nice...I've had knives that weren't like this and it just became awkward using them.

DSCN8373_zpsh9osf2nt.jpg
Here's a peek at a Rick Menefee castration blade ring knife. Rick says the ring knife has been around a while but he tweaked it the handle feels good with my pinky in it. AEBL swedish razor blade ss. If you look the kydex has a notch so you can cut cord or mono. This'll be a great fishing tool for me as I do not plan on castrating anything in the future. Tony Bose backpocket on deck,440V ss. Rick did a run of those ring knives ,he has like a drop point version as well. The first run was $75. a pc. Next run will be $100. a pc. IMHO still worth it as it makes a handy tool & Rick delivers a real razor sharp product. I own many of his knives that get a lot of use & they hold a great edge but when it is touch up time,his heat treat proves itself.

DSCN8376_zpsyhlwussk.jpg

DSCN8377_zpsfjagkefw.jpg

DSCN8371_zpseqiybdaw.jpg

Here's a peek at a Rick Menefee castration blade ring knife. Rick says the ring knife has been around a while but he tweaked it the handle feels good with my pinky in it. AEBL swedish razor blade ss. If you look the kydex has a notch so you can cut cord or mono. This'll be a great fishing tool for me as I do not plan on castrating anything in the future. Tony Bose backpocket on deck,440V ss. Rick did a run of those ring knives ,he has like a drop point version as well. The first run was $75. a pc. Next run will be $100. a pc. IMHO still worth it as it makes a handy tool & Rick delivers a real razor sharp product. I own many of his knives that get a lot of use & they hold a great edge but when it is touch up time,his heat treat proves itself.

Looks like a very handy every day tool Vince, AEBL is no slouch in steel, I've really liked it on edc fixed blades.

Agreed. Wonderful knife. Very similar to the one I will get sooner or later... :rolleyes:

Fausto
:cool:

Can't wait to see what you get in hand Fausto :)

My first Menefee Made knife, a TBose design bent gunstock in carbon and vintage grain micarta. At 4" it's a nice sizable working knife from Rick that was nicely chosen out by Mark :)

tumblr_nugtr9pogS1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Tim that AEBL stuff was described to me as like 52100 but in ss. Jerry Halfrich was one f the first makers I know who used it in slipjoints. John Lloyd made some too. I like the stuff,I have a fillet by Rick with that steel

Just got this maple drop point in...excellent work Ricky, I can't wait to get it in the woods and inside of a deer. Thanks to Vince also for letting me purchase it, you guys are awesome.

This is the definition of tapered tang...that's how it's done!

Jake I'm glad you like it but I knew you would. That's about as best as you'll get for an all around hunting knife

Back