Rick Menefee Knives...

bnoMq71.jpg

[/CENTER]

Was the rounded spine on the blade by request, or is this something Rick is doing now?
I don't think I have noticed this before. It really stands out where the spine meets the spring.

Was the rounded spine on the blade by request, or is this something Rick is doing now?
I don't think I have noticed this before. It really stands out where the spine meets the spring.

That I'm not sure as I bought it on the secondary. I think it's something Rick does.

This seems like a function over form issue, function first. We seem to be obsessed with a flush, "all one piece" fit, but I think that rounded spine is pretty dang cool. :thumbup:

ISKski that's your boning knife there ......

IMG_3133.JPG_zpsgrd3p5zh.jpg

Guy knows his way around a grinder
IMG_3129.JPG_zpsl9zzj2yk.jpg

The rounded spine is a nice idea, but visually i'd prefer it to transition to the spring so that the very joint falls flush. It will remain to address those nasty backsquare corners in closed position though :)

You stand over something cutting skinning ,fish, fur or game 8 or 10 hours in s setting corners suck. Respect everybody idea's. Most of what I make is a tool. Nothing more. I spent a lot of my life doing above and it gives a man a different idea about grinds, handles and holsters.

This seems like a function over form issue, function first. We seem to be obsessed with a flush, "all one piece" fit, but I think that rounded spine is pretty dang cool. :thumbup:
someone that's been they're done that sounds to me!
Best regards
Ricky Bob

Addedum
You ever need a tool don't hesitate to ask. Hint..

You stand over something cutting skinning ,fish, fur or game 8 or 10 hours in s setting corners suck. Respect everybody idea's. Most of what I make is a tool. Nothing more. I spent a lot of my life doing above and it gives a man a different idea about grinds, handles and holsters.

Didn't say I didn't like it, just curious if this is something you started doing, always have done, or used to do.
And Happy Birthday!!

Didn't say I didn't like it, just curious if this is something you started doing, always have done, or used to do.
And Happy Birthday!!
Absolutely was not directed at you or anyone else. Just something I'm doing on my work folders which make them better.

Also I have just rounder the top this extreme on the last dz folders. Most of them will be this way. Takes a little more work but worth the feel. I think some knives it might not work with in appearance. For myself I like the look as the feel. Your one of my first customers in folders many moons ago. I never forget.

Best regards

Last edited:
Happy birthday Ricky. I'm guessing you went fishing...hope you caught some good ones man.

Back