Rick Menefee Knives...

someone that's been they're done that sounds to me!
Best regards
Ricky Bob

Addedum
You ever need a tool don't hesitate to ask. Hint..

I picked up one of your paring knives off the exchange. I like it, it's a great little utility knife. I wish you had been rounding the spine back whenever you made it. I have some Fiddleback Forge knives and they all have a rounded spine. I too can attest to the prolonged comfort factor of the rounded spine. If you're not already doing it to all your paring knives, do it! I think someday I'd be willing to give a folder a try too. It's just nicer to work with in the long run.

It was Ricky Bob's Birthday yesterday.

I meant to get these pix up yesterday. However, being as Rick turned 89 years old yesterday, he probably understands about it taking longer to get anything up at his advanced age and condition.

Thankfully I'm relatively spry at almost 65.

Anywho, for an old fart, he sure does some mighty straight grinds.

So with that in mind here's a belated birtday shout out to Ricky Bob Menefee.

Oh yeah RBM, it's a scientifically proven fact that folks that have the most birthdays, live the longest.

Live long and prosper my friend.

Best,

GWB

Some Menefee Stag...............

I've managed to sneak up on four of Ricks stag handled knives.

But this latest one is especially sweet!

I think it's the perfection of the grind lines that intrigue me.

a few more of grinds

and tapered tangs.

PS: Lanyard by Gies340

However, being as Rick turned 89 years old yesterday,

He must look older than his age;) Fine knives Rick, keep it up.

Oldie, but still workin,

attachment.php

Very nice GWB, thanks for sharing.

He must look older than his age;) Fine knives Rick, keep it up.

Oldie, but still workin,

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=635104&d=1463020987[/imag

Very nice GWB, thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]
That was my personal carry knife for a long time.

Happy birthday Ricky. I'm guessing you went fishing...hope you caught some good ones man.

I hunted on my birthday. Great day was had. I forecast the weekend will bring a bent rod. Last Sunday 42lb blue came over the side along with maybe 20 quarts. Facebook I post pictures. Last time we got spanked. Grin...

GW that stag hidden tang must be 10+. He hasn't made one of those in a long time.

Mike I got a few #1 Randall's in the works. Have not played with guards in a long time. Just because I don't don't mean I can't. Looking forward to finishing a few

A post was removed for the following reason;
From the guidelines ...
We don't want to see the forum become an extension of the "Exchange". In line with this, please do not make public offers or inquire as to the availability of another member's knife which has been posted within our threads.

4.5" Backpocket with inlaid ss NYK Co shield . Happy Father's Day tomorrow Rick & All Thanks Rick !

DSCN3646_zpslygxzaie.jpg

DSCN3648_zpssyzp5cdf.jpg

DSCN3649_zpsacubvsul.jpg

DSCN3651_zpsmmmfbj0y.jpg

DSCN3653_zpsrvbnkxvw.jpg

DSCN3655_zpscxudypuz.jpg

DSCN3657_zpsgfb30pan.jpg

Thank you
Much help from guy like T and R Bose, Todd Davidson, tom Ploppert, don Hansen with the list goes on. Knifemaker's away help each other. It's a wonderful craft

You learned well Ricky. Besides that maple T Bose Hunter I have from you, I picked up a couple of paring knives, one made by Rocky and one made by you that Vince scaled in Olive Wood. Those two little suckers are awesome in the kitchen!!

Thanks
It's interesting fact with slip/joint making. You work hard and it's seems you go into a standstill. Then all it once it started coming together. I think it took 10 years to learn proper mechanic's and how to make a spring. Since the first of the year things have changed more than the previous 5 years. Fixed blades to me is mindless work. Ive done mult thousand and in a environment which useing one tells the tale very quickly.

Just keep it up Rick Great Stuff Happy Fathers Day Guys

I know you all think I'm biased a bit,when talking Menefee knives,rightfully so I guess. But I do believe Rick has built me one of the nicest custom slipjoints I've had in my life so far. Thank You Rick :thumbup:
DSCN3775_zps89durted.jpg

Back