Ridiculous budget blade-4 dollar Ozark Trails folders, good blade-pic heavy

Just for the heck of it, I'm gonna baton this folder and try to break it. Photos to follow within the next day or so

Had lock failure on the 2 I bought just to beat up so they got tested and failed. It's a great idea but need more tough and better materials imo. But on another note just because some of you don't like the idea of these folders here doesn't mean the they don't have the right to be talked about here. It's a knife forum to talk about knives good bad or what have you. The people participating in this thread have the right as you do to love your spydercos BM Crk and what have you. Just to come in and be mean and spiteful because you.dont agree isn't cool.

what everyone needs to remember is that we're discussing a $4 knife. If you're fortunate enough to get a good one then it's a good buy for a beater. However the problem is the quality control sucks if even done at all. Several I looked thru had locks that weren't even engaged, and touching the liner. So those who are getting these without looking thru em may or may not get a good one.

So....How do these compare to say Benchmade, ZT, Hinderer, etc?

Kidding :D Just trying to lighten the thread a little. I've enjoyed reading the comments and hearing about some of the personal testing. I may try one too.

They should make an excellent survival knife. After all, who needs a knife to survive? [emoji6]

But for $4 you can buy a whole book bag full of back ups for the same price as one hinderer lol

Or five $4 knives, an eating ustensil set, an axe, a hatchet, a prybar, some disposable razors, a sharpening kit, a kukri, and a backpack to put it all in.

A Hinderer would be nice though...

Or five $4 knives, an eating ustensil set, an axe, a hatchet, a prybar, some disposable razors, a sharpening kit, a kukri, and a backpack to put it all in.

A Hinderer would be nice though...
Lol. Great way of putting our knife nuttery in perspective.

I think the apocalypse may be starting. These $4 knives are garbage.

The steel is so soft that IF it's had any heat treatment, then they've wasted money in the process. File gouged deeply and the grinder didn't spark.

The knife I picked at random did survive 5 spine whacks, the lock bar gouged the tang.... the liners are harder/tougher than the blade.
No failure, lock got very sticky because of the deformation.

Did I already mention that it holds no edge?

Flipper is a joke, no detent.

I can't believe there are 7 pages on this turd.

I think the apocalypse may be starting. These $4 knives are garbage.

The steel is so soft that IF it's had any heat treatment, then they've wasted money in the process. File gouged deeply and the grinder didn't spark.

The knife I picked at random did survive 5 spine whacks, the lock bar gouged the tang.... the liners are harder/tougher than the blade.
No failure, lock got very sticky because of the deformation.

Did I already mention that it holds no edge?

Flipper is a joke, no detent.

I can't believe there are 7 pages on this turd.

Hey now, some people paid 4 DOLLARS for these knives, be respectful!

Back