Rifles n knives

Nice double mister HW, I remember reading about H&H especially making that 700 caliber for a person way back a few years ago. I believe at the time a single cartridge was around one ben franklin apiece. The biggest I've owned lost in a boating accident and shot quite a bit was the 50 Bmg mostly at very long range though. At any rate that's a Verrrrry! nice weapon, Congrats she's perty! :thumbsup:
I too lost a few of my rifles in a boating accident.

The rifle for when a T Rex is trying to stomp on your head!

8g26KaQ.jpg

One of only nineteen ever made. A .700 H & H double by Butch Searcy of All American Double Rifle Company. The knives are handled in Butch's stock cut offs. To give ya perspective on the size of that .700 empty case, both knives are in the 9" oal range.
What's it like to shoot? Is it brutal?

Zieg

The Zieg The Zieg no idea, just holding it was brutal enough. It weighs 25 lbs. It was back for another set of barrels. When Butch told me what it was worth I didn't want to hold it anymore. I was there with a buddy who was writing a magazine article on the rifle. The ammo is indeed pricey, I checked they are two grand a box! I traded Butch one of my Sonora Skinners with a sheephorn handle (bottom knife in the pic) for three big boxes of his stock cutoffs. Made him teach me how he finished his walnut too:

aGEBWtS.jpg

What's it like to shoot? Is it brutal?

Zieg

Considering it is even bigger than the .577 tyrannasaurs round, I imagine the recoil is abit more than a light kick.

Here is a video of some Muslim dudes shooting the .577 tyrannosaur. The .700 is probably a shoulder dislocater.

Bonus video .950 JDJ, supposedly largest centrefire rifle.

I had a 340 weatherby I thought that kicked hard that round seems uncontrollable.Id hate to lose the gun like that firing on a charging cape buffalo....

Considering it is even bigger than the .577 tyrannasaurs round, I imagine the recoil is abit more than a light kick.

Here is a video of some Muslim dudes shooting the .577 tyrannosaur. The .700 is probably a shoulder dislocater.

Bonus video .950 JDJ, supposedly largest centrefire rifle.
Ha I bet the recoil cooked their shoulders into gyros meat haha

OK, so last time i posted in this thread i didn't have a rifle at hand. Please allow me to correct that with my most classic 'MURICA rifle.
Pre-'64 Winchester Model 70 in .270win. The knife is a WW2 production Kinfolks model 925. View attachment 818926View attachment 818927
Nice old model 70 the riflemans rifle. I've had a few over the years as it was and still is in my eyes the best mass produced bolt rifle ever to be made. Definitely the best action also as slick as can be. I've had 300 h&h,270,06's, You won't find anything like it now days unless it's custom. Congrats nice old weaver too and what I have on my 1950 vintage 06. I also have the original leather bound Riflemans rifle book by Rule if your interested it has all the dates and great pics.

Back