RIP Charlie Mike

God damn it. He was no bullshit, didn't give a shit, pulled his shit together and this is just shitty news... We never met but he was always eager to chat via IG, phone or text. CM was making knives because he loved to make knives, loved to talk about knives and would always take time to answer questions about knives, metals, tools - whatever. I'm lucky enough to have 4 of his blades -- each with a story. I'd get videos of him making my blades, talking about the process and asking for feedback. He was always able to take a knife that wasnt his in for a regrind or touch up or a complete tear down and bead blast.

His humor & drive will be sorely missed.

God damn it. He was no bullshit, didn't give a shit, pulled his shit together and this is just shitty news... We never met but he was always eager to chat via IG, phone or text. CM was making knives because he loved to make knives, loved to talk about knives and would always take time to answer questions about knives, metals, tools - whatever. I'm lucky enough to have 4 of his blades -- each with a story. I'd get videos of him making my blades, talking about the process and asking for feedback. He was always able to take a knife that wasnt his in for a regrind or touch up or a complete tear down and bead blast.

His humor & drive will be sorely missed.

RIP Matt

A great guy. Always willing to help anyone and offer sage advice.

The world is a poorer place.

May his family take some comfort that he is well respected and sincerely missed.

I knew something was wrong. This is so F’ed up. Im really in shock right now.

Rest in peace CM. God rest your soul.

My first introduction to Charlie Mike in July 2013.

KNIVES ON MY CAT thread
"I've discovered that Big Kitty makes a very good backdrop for knife photography. I started wondering how many knives I could stack on him before he did a full back shrug. So far, 8 is as good as I can do."
"I encourage any cat owners to try this."

CAM00080_zpsf7333af6.jpg

Of course, it got a little out of hand.
CYPRESS posted this:
image-71.jpg

Last edited:
R.I.P. CM
I did not know Matt personally, but he "liked" my posts when i started becoming more active on this forum. I felt welcomed. So thank you, Charlie Mike.
Prayers to his family and friends, and all here on BF.

I too only knew him from the forum. We exchanged a few words... I admired his passion for knives and his straight talkin life style. He will be greatly missed..

Kind of surprised no one has said it yet.... But I think a 2019 BF knife [cmfw fixed blade] should be made in his honor with a proportion of the proceeds going to a vet organization...

RIP CM

Back