RIP Charlie Mike

Tough news to hear. Humble condolences to his family for their loss. My deepest respect to the man. You will be missed, CM.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around this.
I never met him in real life but was astounded by his honesty and courage on here.
I remember when he announced his sobriety and offered him words of encouragement.
I remember when he slipped in his battle to become sober.
I remember because he came on here and announced his mistake. I’m sure he was a good soldier because he understood accountability. That’s why he told us of his struggle. He knew lots of people here were pulling for him and he didn’t want to let anybody down. We only interacted directly a few times, but it only took one interaction with the man to know you were dealing with “salt of the earth”.
Truly sad news!
Smoke and prayers sent up for family and friends.
Rest In Peace Matt.
FTW!

Last edited:
Damn. I never really got in touch with CM, but I loved his posts here. Incredibly sad news! My condoleances.

As a relative newbie to BF I didn't know CM other than thru his posts. The measure of a man is how he affected those around him and others. Reading thru these 250+ posts in this thread just speaks volumes for the person he was. He wasn't perfect he admitted it but gave his all to be a better person and better the lives of those around him. Mission accomplished well done Sir. RIP.

Wow very unexpected and sad news. Matt was a great guy lived life his way and offered no apologies for it. Sometimes had a gruff exterior but inside always had a heart of gold. We need more people like Matt he will be missed. He made my first handmade knife.

9XRtnrH.jpg

I've been following Matt's life for the last 14+ years, he was well liked by many of us here.

I only communicated with Matt through email a few times, but it felt like I knew him.
He was quick to help me verify a custom Darrell Ralph Gunhammer on the auction site and when I brought the topic up a few years later , he remembered helping me.

My sincere condolences to his friends and family, I'll miss his presence here.

Back