RIP Charlie Mike

I've posted a notice at the top of the forums about the Go Fund Me link. Can anyone confirm that the person who started it is his mom, or is someone with actual authority?

I've posted a notice at the top of the forums about the Go Fund Me link. Can anyone confirm that the person who started it is his mom, or is someone with actual authority?
Ted T. Erdelyi T. Erdelyi originally posted the link, I believe he has been in contact with the family.

~Chip

So Very Sorry to hear this!
The forum will miss him.
All the Best to his family...God Bless!

This is heartbreaking. I spoke with Matt a few times....heck of a guy! He will be missed. RIP Brother.
We need those Budweisers Chopped up Charlie Mike!
Miss that guy.

We should do a little CMFTW thing like we did for VampireGerbil.

I was thinking about that immediately after I donated.

Matt made me my first true custom handmade knife, we talked on the phone about our time in the army, strider, knives, life. Seeing him on here daily is something i will miss greatly.

A few years back he emailed me the picture of him in a dress so i could have it to post. Love his open and candid being himself. Thank you Matt for serving your country, for serving as an example for those of us with vices and thank you for making this community better with your presence.

Well said SE...

Kevin , I’ve talked to Michael and I just emailed his ex wife as soon as I hear back I’ll text Michael.

Charlie Mike was a great guy! He will be sadly missed on the forums, thoughts and prayers to his family and friends during this difficult time.

Please pm me on IG again. Sorry, I've been sleeping weird hours since this happened. I'll explain in private, but not on public forum.

I cant believe this.

Been a fan of his since I first got into the online knife community on JerzeeDevil and here at BF.

He was an original and will be missed.

RIP Matt Freeman, aka Charlie Mike...
Thanks for the insights, laughs & inspiration!
And, thank you for my 3 wicked CMFTW knives!
Continue Mission, FTW...
One Day at a Time...

I'd like to post this quote Matt emailed me when I was having
some doubts...
"My hope is that GOD has wrenches for both of us nuts"

Randy

Warms my heart to see all the positive things people have said of their experiences with him. He was the most amazing person I know, and I'm sure he's walking the halls of Valhalla now, for all the good he put into this world. He poured his heart, and soul into everything he did, never anything less than 100%. Living, and making blades with him for the past 6 months was one of the weirdest, most amazing times of my life. Couldn't ask for a better friend to burn brighter with. He can make blades for Odin's army now, and bring hell to Ragnarok. <3

Just stumbled into all this so details are not clear to me thus far. I spoke with him a couple of times and recognized his 1 year sobriety date. A true nut job in a good way, Definitely a character that will be missed.

What horrible news, my heart goes out to his mother and the rest of his family.
One of the first videos of his I watched he dropped the cigar out of his mouth on accident and I immediately grew fond of him.
I’ve got chills as I type this. FTW buddy... you will be missed

Back