RIP Charlie Mike

Not a nice thing to sign in and see. I remember when he first started making and he was still in a bad place a little, I'd open those threads and think "Aw, Jeez, what is he doing to those knives?". But I also admired his courage and tenacity to step to the grinder. As the years gone by, he grew into a darn fine and interesting maker.

I also admired when he'd go after various instagram things, etc.... I'd find myself chuckling along and think "he's right you know". And while it may have hurt some feelings, the hobby needs that sometimes.

RIP CM. You were one of those interesting people that make the knife game what it is, and what it should be.

Rest in peace CM, your loved by many.

View attachment 1056291

I hope this isn’t inapproiate. He posted this once and I’ve thought about the quote a lot. I really enjoyed his humor and posts.

Rest In Peace Brother

Its Matt, nothing's inappropiate :) and as a testament to Matt's influence and impact on the community here. Never have so many expletives been seen on a single post in GKD. Anyone else and this thread woulda been locked.

Matt, you still affect the community, I bet the Ef bomb has been dropped more times on this one thread than all the threads in GKD for the last 20 years. f**kin' A brother. :D lol.

Joni Mitchell said:
They took all the trees, they put them in a tree museum
They charged the people a dollar and a half just to see them
Don't it always go to show
You never know what you got till it's gone?
They paved paradise, they put up a parking lot. (Joni Mitchell Big Yellow Taxi)

Catch you in paradise my brother, I'll bring some new belts and crap load of A2 if I gotta wait till then for my double vision grind Bowie so be it. give my regards to Doug, Dann Maniacal Pete and the rest of the BF Misfits with you now.

Your flame will always burn bright in my memories RIP my friend. Smoke Up Prayers out.

Qyo0vUB.jpg

See you in the Funny Papers. ;)

pduh2rp.jpg

25 pages of love and respect... and still growin'! That's gotta be close to a record for a BF member. Somewhere way back, a post mentioned that CM ought to be added to the "deceased maker's thread" to make sure he's credited and remembered as a custom knife maker. That thread's a sticky over in the Custom and Handmade Knives sub-forum. I hope someone with the "horsepower" to do so will add his name to that list.

Last edited:
Thought so, but I couldn't find your original post about it when I went lookin' for it. Anyway... I'm voting for his name to be added to the list once the details are available.

Didn't know Matt personally, but always liked his sense of humor and drive to improve his knife making skills. Also was very inspirational for anyone that has battled addiction.

So much does this still not feel real that every time I check this thread I half expect to see him post laughing at us all for believing it.

Though we only talked a few times through the forums, like others, I felt like he was a friend. Watched him "grow up" here and have always admired his humor, spirit, talent and determination. Though he is gone from this plane, I know I'll see him again on the other side, as he was also Forgiven.

You will be missed, CM.

Back