1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. tltt

tltt

May 1, 2008
    Not a nice thing to sign in and see. I remember when he first started making and he was still in a bad place a little, I'd open those threads and think "Aw, Jeez, what is he doing to those knives?". But I also admired his courage and tenacity to step to the grinder. As the years gone by, he grew into a darn fine and interesting maker.

I also admired when he'd go after various instagram things, etc.... I'd find myself chuckling along and think "he's right you know". And while it may have hurt some feelings, the hobby needs that sometimes.

RIP CM. You were one of those interesting people that make the knife game what it is, and what it should be.

tyr_shadowblade, PNWhovian and SW-EDC like this.
  2. azwelke

azwelke azwelke.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 12, 2007
    Rest in peace CM, your loved by many.

3. mknife

mknife

Jul 3, 2006
    RIP Charlie

4. Muchblade

Muchblade

Jun 4, 2009
    RIP. Never met you, but enjoyed many of your posts. Thanks.

5. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Sadness is in my heart .
    God’s Speed , God’s Own , Your On Your Way .

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  6. Judge Luco

Judge Luco

Jul 5, 2011
    What a gut punch. I never talked with him directly but I always saw him as the badass rebel of BF. He liked a few of my posts. Felt like that nerdy kid that finally impressed the older cool guy. RIP bud.

7. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    Its Matt, nothing's inappropiate :) and as a testament to Matt's influence and impact on the community here. Never have so many expletives been seen on a single post in GKD. Anyone else and this thread woulda been locked.

Matt, you still affect the community, I bet the Ef bomb has been dropped more times on this one thread than all the threads in GKD for the last 20 years. f**kin' A brother. :D lol.

Catch you in paradise my brother, I'll bring some new belts and crap load of A2 if I gotta wait till then for my double vision grind Bowie so be it. give my regards to Doug, Dann Maniacal Pete and the rest of the BF Misfits with you now.

Your flame will always burn bright in my memories RIP my friend. Smoke Up Prayers out.

[​IMG]

See you in the Funny Papers. ;)

[​IMG]

8. SharpMetal

SharpMetal Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2016
    This is sad news.
    RIP CM

9. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Rest in Peace Charlie Mike

10. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    25 pages of love and respect... and still growin'! That's gotta be close to a record for a BF member. Somewhere way back, a post mentioned that CM ought to be added to the "deceased maker's thread" to make sure he's credited and remembered as a custom knife maker. That thread's a sticky over in the Custom and Handmade Knives sub-forum. I hope someone with the "horsepower" to do so will add his name to that list.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  11. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    That was me, I’m still lookin for his obit in the Fresno Bee.

12. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    So Sad :(
    R.I.P CM

13. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Thought so, but I couldn't find your original post about it when I went lookin' for it. Anyway... I'm voting for his name to be added to the list once the details are available.

14. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Didn't know Matt personally, but always liked his sense of humor and drive to improve his knife making skills. Also was very inspirational for anyone that has battled addiction.

mckrob likes this.
  15. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    So much does this still not feel real that every time I check this thread I half expect to see him post laughing at us all for believing it.

dalefuller likes this.
  16. Daniel Dorn

Daniel Dorn Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 1999
    Though we only talked a few times through the forums, like others, I felt like he was a friend. Watched him "grow up" here and have always admired his humor, spirit, talent and determination. Though he is gone from this plane, I know I'll see him again on the other side, as he was also Forgiven.

You will be missed, CM.

17. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    That would be the most epic April Fool’s prank ever.

mmmotorcycle and PirateSeulb like this.
  18. azjeff

azjeff

Dec 16, 2018
    Can anyone put together a bio of this man? From the bits and pieces throughout this thread it seems like a journey worth knowing.

mmmotorcycle and insta9ves like this.
  19. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    It's been a couple days and I have avoided posting in this thread because it is so unbelievable and sad. RIP CM.

mmmotorcycle, SW-EDC and AntDog like this.
  20. Sidehill Gouger

Sidehill Gouger

Dec 29, 2007
    I give, how did he die?

mmmotorcycle likes this.