RIP Charlie Mike

Maybe a little late. I met him around here. I never crossed a conversation with him. It may be due to the difficulty of the different languages, I do not know. Surely it was a good boy seen the popular reaction. I liked his imprudence and especially his sympathy towards cats. A person who loves cats has my respect.
Live the authentic people.
From the other side of the Atlantic RIP.
I'm sorry for my google translator.

Last edited:
It says so much about the man that many former members, and guys like me that don't post much, have logged on to pay tribute to him.

I read his posts over the years and watched CM fight his demons. Because of how he bared his soul in his posting, I felt I knew the man though we had never met. I will very much miss his posts and wish him the peace that he strove to find. RIP.

I still can’t believe it and I only talked to the dude a few times and exchanged PMs about a few knife ideas in the last year I have been on BF.

In any case, his presence here and amazing sense of humour made it a no brainer for me to make a small donation to his family’s GoFundMe. Hopefully any other BladeForums folks that were touched, made to laugh, shook their heads at his ballsyness, cringed at one of his videos, etc. will do the same.

BF is an amazing community that I am proud to be a part of, but it won’t be the same without that crazy fucker.;)

"Don't let Matt's cats go to a shelter".

Amen to that. My wife and I are cat lovers as well. If that's the case, a no kill shelter.

I never corresponded with Matt but enjoyed his posts here and on other forums over the years. His candor was endearing and will be missed. The OP's picture in the opening post will always be in my memory.
6SDTyYj.jpg

His last post here on January 12th speaks volumes! I did not know him but he chimed in on several different threads I was involved with. Godspeed...

Does anyone have any info about what happened to him? I miss talking to him on Instagram. He was a real dude to who shoot the shit whatever time of day. A big loss to the Blade Community.

Reports say he fell and hit his head.

This is personal, only the family needs to know.

Off course we will always ponder over this, but this is a family issue, not ours.

Last edited:
Some say he fell and hit his head, I don't know if that is true or some kind of cover up of what really happened.

This is personal, only the family needs to know.

Off course we will always ponder over this, but this is a family issue, not ours.
What you say is probably true, and likely the most private and comfortable way for a family to mourn. In the grand scheme it doesn’t really matter and most would say it isn’t really the business of some strangers on the internet.

With that said, I do think knowing does help give some sort of closure and I truly do think we are more than a random collection of internet avatars. Not knowing leads one to focus on speculation and rumor instead focusing on the person who passed. Ultimately, it’s the family’s call, but clearly there are a lot of people here who have shed more than a tear or two and are left wondering.

Sorry for the mini detail, it was certainly not my intent to take away from the spirit of this thread or be disrespectful in any way. If I offended anyone, I apologize, but I think many here have had similar unexpressed thoughts since this tragedy was reported.

Last edited:
What you say is probably true, and likely the most private and comfortable way for a family to mourn. In the grand scheme it doesn’t really matter and most would say it isn’t really the business of some strangers on the internet.

With that said, I do think knowing does help give some sort of closure and I truly do think we are more than a random collection of internet avatars. Not knowing leads one to focus on speculation and rumor instead focusing on the person who passed. Ultimately, it’s the family’s call, but clearly there are a lot of people here who have shed more than a tear or two and are left wondering.

True that, so if the family want's us to know. They will tell us.

I never knew him, but I always enjoyed his posts and his knack for modifying knife... sometimes destroying them. But the world would be boring without guys like him.

I only had the pleasure of conversing with him a few times but I always admired how he had the balls to walk through life saying exactly what was on his mind with no sugar coating. RIP, Matt.

Back