RIP Charlie Mike

Truly sad news :( CM was full of enthusiasm for all things blade related. He was a huge contributor here with both knowledge and comic relief. Just scrolling through his pics online showed how fast his skills as a knife maker progressed, He will be missed, Rest In Peace Brother.

Matt made me my first true custom handmade knife, we talked on the phone about our time in the army, strider, knives, life. Seeing him on here daily is something i will miss greatly.

A few years back he emailed me the picture of him in a dress so i could have it to post. Love his open and candid being himself. Thank you Matt for serving your country, for serving as an example for those of us with vices and thank you for making this community better with your presence.

Awful news, only knew him on here but will surely miss him.. Always enjoyed seeing all the stuff that he EDC.... CM you will be missed, rest easy..

Last edited:
What a guy! Cannot believe that he is gone? Something seems wrong...

He always showed off great knives that he had hand made. I was planning on picking one or more up in 2019.

He carried a mean a** blade and had strong opinions abt self defense and I always appreciated that. We saw eye to eye on that and he never bashed me over my opinions on using a knife for self defense.

I enjoyed reading his posts and looking at his knives and videos over the years. He will be missed. RIP.

Will miss seeing his videos and watching him progress as a knifemaker.. Just one of those guys who seemed cool with everyone.. RIP CM

So sad to hear this. CMFTW was an absolute treasure to the forums. Such a good guy who always kept his head above some of the BS and petty stuff that sometimes takes place on here. Always helpful and positive....he’ll truly be missed.

He touched alot of our lives and always in a good way. I hope he passed peacefully.

I hope he’s winning in heaven now. CM we miss you!

Back