1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ursamajor

ursamajor

Oct 27, 2010
    Holy shit. I just saw this on the banner. I was just thinking about him, and his “Fresno Felon” mod, earlier today. A real loss for the knife world, as it looked like he was getting ready to break through in a big way.

Good guy. Distinct philosophy, and distinct designs to his knives.

Say hi to my mother for me CM!

Yo Mama, W. Anderson and POCEH KOCEB like this.
  2. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Does anyone still have the "When only you know....it's hammertime" photo?

3. Mhedrick17

Mhedrick17

Oct 10, 2014
    Videos of his service will be up on YouTube soon for you guys interested in seeing his service! #becauserabbits

Michael

4. Mhedrick17

Mhedrick17

Oct 10, 2014
    I’m in for a coin!

5. Shayjoshi

Shayjoshi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    RIP

6. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    I am close enough, I almost went. Yeah, its 207 miles from my house but I just have so much going on right now with my wifes mom who's breast cancer has returned after 30 years at 84 years old.
    Really? Most beautiful woman in and out, you'll ever know.
    F cancer!

7. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    Frisco (SF, CA) to Fresno, 186 miles, just under 3 hours drive. I wanted to attend, had a map drawn out and clothes set at the foot of the bed. But I could not sleep. It was 4 am when I finally dozed off, woke up at 6 am and was tired as all get out. I was afraid that I would have fallen asleep at the wheel during the drive out there!

When I told friends that somebody I knew from an internet forum had recently passed away and that I wanted to attend his services they thought that I was nuts. But that's the kind of affect that CM had on people, including me. We exchanged likes on various posts and discussed favorite blades and fixed blade carry in California on the forum but never met or spoke in person. But I felt a kinship with the guy and considered him a friend. I looked forward to meeting him one day in the future and introducing myself and sharing stories and adventures. Sadly that will never be. His presence is certainly missed.

MWNN

8. SW-EDC

Dec 4, 2015
    I belong to another online Forum and when a member, who I did meet up with, three times, for an event (convention), and drove over 300 miles to meet him, pick him up, and drive him back home because he was too weak to drive because of his illness, eventually passed away, and I did attend his memorial service, it stays with you forever.
    I know exactly what you are saying and what you mean.
    CM will be greatly missed by everyone here that he touched..physically or otherwise.

9. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Pourin' some out for our homie Charlie Mike.
    [​IMG]

mmmotorcycle, jux t, mb> and 19 others like this.
  10. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Funny seeing that hashtag here. Strangely enough I was the spark for the whole Watership Down thing. And Matt was definitely a rabbity guy, for those who know what that means.

11. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    My condolences to his friends and family.
    He was such a character, and greatly devoted to the hobby.
    I'll miss reading his posts.

Man with no name likes this.
  12. stonproject

stonproject Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 22, 2013
    I'm sorry to hear that socal.

13. SW-EDC

Dec 4, 2015
    Thank you.

14. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    God speed to her recovery and praying for strength for your family

SW-EDC likes this.
  15. Owen K.

Owen K.

Sep 9, 2016
    Respect and condolences. The world lost one BAMF. Rest easy Matt.

16. Nostimos

Nostimos Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2011
    Thanks POCEH for uploading this. :thumbsup:
    That pic is so cool! :cool:
    Wish I had a copy of that mag with CM's pic.
    His quote is awesome too: "Both knives have been blessed by a priest" !!! :p
    Your vintage SOG Trident is a nice touch as well.

Yo Mama likes this.
  17. POCEH KOCEB

POCEH KOCEB Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Thank you. I should have the magazine somewhere at home... lately I was communicating with CM mostly on IG,
    I will miss him. He was one of the members of this forum, that made me visit and be here.
    I wish I can put together something touchy and smart but I feel some how empty and senseless after his passing.The fact comes to remind you again that life isn't necessarily fair, it will hit you the way it wants, regardless if you do good or bad. It's ridiculous when people go so early.

18. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ug. I just came back to BF after several months away and just found this thread. He was fighting the good fight and making some awesome knives. My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP CM. Say hello to Petey my pitbull and Hector my bull mastiff. They should be guarding the pearly gates.

19. bearcut

bearcut

Sep 3, 2006
    If he died due to relapse we should know.
    If he didn’t, we should know.

Denial is deadly.
    This ain’t no game.

20. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I'm not going to dig up the relevant posts again. If you actually care you can read through the thread instead of posting conjecture. He fell down in his home and hit his head.

benchwarmer380, Nautique and The Zieg like this.