RIP Charlie Mike

Lifes a bitch. Bitter sweet. Was carbidizing a lock bar the other day and thought of CM.

I already replied to this thread once or twice. Oh well.

He sent his carbidizer to me a few years back . We spoke about life , addiction and knives for a little while. I still remember it.

RIP brother. Not forgotten. Not one bit :)

Last edited:
I really appreciated CM's DGAF attitude and interaction with us. Cool dude, RIP.

I can see my future self sporting a large fixed blade on my belt and thinking about you man.

I'm hoping to use his sudden passing as a reminder that I'm only here for a moment in time.

Now gimmie that dremmel so I can put my initials on my Rolex and go and grind some more blades.

RIP CMFTW

Does anyone know what happened to SaB Tools? Cm’s former apprentice who was close to Matt and kind of kept the CMFTW thing going. Her Instagram has gone dark. Just a little worried.

I did not know Matt Freeman (CMFTW Knives, RIP 1982-2019), nor did I know his work until after his passing. Since then I have learned enough about the man to appreciate him greatly and know that it was a terrible loss to the knife community. As a person in recovery, I identify with him and his fight in a very personal way. So, when I saw this nice chisel-grind example of his work, I picked it up and it fills a place of honor in my collection.

CMFTW.jpg

Last edited:
I did not know Matt Foster (CMFTW Knives, RIP 1982-2019), nor did I know his work until after his passing. Since then I have learned enough about the man to appreciate him greatly and know that it was a terrible loss to the knife community. As a person in recovery, I identify with him and his fight in a very personal way. So, when I saw this nice chisel-grind example of his work, I picked it up and it fills a place of honor in my collection.

View attachment 1106389
Matt Freeman not Foster

Does anyone know what happened to SaB Tools? Cm’s former apprentice who was close to Matt and kind of kept the CMFTW thing going. Her Instagram has gone dark. Just a little worried.

Same here, and it's been a few weeks at least

WLYg7eD.jpg

RIP Matt. I haven't been on here in a while. We talked on the phone quite often a few years back when he made a knife for me. Once I figure out how to get a picture posted up I will.

Back