1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I remember when he made that. He was gettin’ into Ti and carburdized edges. Great to see it again.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  2. ourgon

ourgon

Feb 27, 2013
    I had this pic on pc. Old knife mod made by CM.

[​IMG]

3. Chopper88

Chopper88

Oct 16, 2015
    Ditto! It wouldn't feel right to not pay this man at least some kind of hommage.

I'm mostly a lurker anyways, but I've read tons of his posts and always enjoyed both his humor as well as his rapidly increasing skill level from when he first started out making blades.
    Really shocked to find this, after all he's been through and how he picked up his life after all of that again...

Also: Thanks to the people clearing up the circumstances a bit. I've read through almost this entire thread, to find some peace of mind on knowing how this was possible.
    Don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with his passing on it's own, that of course is still every bit as bad, but it brings me some peace knowing he has been strong all this time, and passed from a good place, knowing the misery he's been through.

G. Scott H. and d762nato like this.
  4. Tim20637

Tim20637

Jan 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

I bought both of these from Matt quite a while ago, we had many phone conversations. Very sad to see he's gone,

5. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Damn I miss him...

A.L., LCKT707, danbot and 3 others like this.
  6. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I feel the same way, I used to get up in the morning to log on and see what Matt had made or his latest knife video with doctor Bob at the helm. He was really getting good at his craft too. RIP Brother,

7. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    If anybody wants a CMFTW Patch, Gabriel who runs the CMFTW Owners Group has a few left. They are 10$ shipped. He can be reached at evknives @ gmail . com (left the blank spaces to try and avoid spambots.
    I crossposted from IG since not everybody might have seen it on there.

PatrickP08, d762nato, tgtodd and 2 others like this.
  8. Converge

Converge

Oct 4, 2014
    rip

9. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    Are we really sure Charlie Mike is actually dead? Because the other day, other than his custom inverted knife rig being absent, I saw someone in my neck of the woods that looked almost exactly like him. But he disappeared before I had the chance to stop and talk to him.

T. Erdelyi likes this.
  10. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Platinum Member

Jun 5, 2012
    I miss Matt. Gone, but not forgotten, brother.

11. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

(Not sure if it was posted here. It's from Sab_Tools IG Page)

12. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    I'm deleting his number from my phone tonight. I tried the number a few times hoping a family member still had it but nothing. It's weird in a digital age but deleting it seems like saying a final goodbye. Damn I miss the talks, motivation, and help he always gave. Matthew we miss you. Be seeing you one day.

13. junglefighter

junglefighter

Aug 13, 2008
    I miss his quips and his popping a Bang before getting on with the review of the knife he was doing.. I have been carrying one of my custom blades in the CM carry ever since I saw him using it for the blades he carried.. It is a simple way of remembering a fellow brother of the blade who was taken before his time.. CM aka Matthew, you are missed by all of the blade forums crew that actually had some interaction with you over the years

d762nato likes this.
  14. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    That is the best damn tombstone I’ve ever seen. He will be never forgotten!

SW-EDC, WValtakis, b00n and 1 other person like this.
  15. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Well shit, that really makes it feel final :(

16. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    I'm not religious or believe much in terms of faith. But I do like what Alan Watts said:

Dadpool likes this.
  17. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Matt, as long as I have your knife, as long as YouTube and Instagram occupy space on the internet you’ll never be gone and you’ll never be forgotten

I do miss the 3am conversations and texts though.

RIP Matt.

[​IMG]

Yo Mama and paulhilborn like this.
  18. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Oh man...

I was going through my texts the other day and I found our text where I was commissioning a 4v fighter from Matt just about a month before he passed. He was going to refinish his personal blade and sell it to me.

I replied, told him he owed me one....I really hate goodbyes.

Yo Mama likes this.
  19. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Alan Watts saved my life. I have listened to this lecture in particular probably a hundred times. I love that man, he gifted me peace.

Thanks for sharing.

b00n likes this.