RIP Charlie Mike

I had this pic on pc. Old knife mod made by CM.

rl3T8wf.jpg

I haven't even posted here in a few years, but had to for CMFTW. The true king of waves. RIP.

Ditto! It wouldn't feel right to not pay this man at least some kind of hommage.

I'm mostly a lurker anyways, but I've read tons of his posts and always enjoyed both his humor as well as his rapidly increasing skill level from when he first started out making blades.
Really shocked to find this, after all he's been through and how he picked up his life after all of that again...

Also: Thanks to the people clearing up the circumstances a bit. I've read through almost this entire thread, to find some peace of mind on knowing how this was possible.
Don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with his passing on it's own, that of course is still every bit as bad, but it brings me some peace knowing he has been strong all this time, and passed from a good place, knowing the misery he's been through.

I feel the same way, I used to get up in the morning to log on and see what Matt had made or his latest knife video with doctor Bob at the helm. He was really getting good at his craft too. RIP Brother,

If anybody wants a CMFTW Patch, Gabriel who runs the CMFTW Owners Group has a few left. They are 10$ shipped. He can be reached at evknives @ gmail . com (left the blank spaces to try and avoid spambots.
I crossposted from IG since not everybody might have seen it on there.

Are we really sure Charlie Mike is actually dead? Because the other day, other than his custom inverted knife rig being absent, I saw someone in my neck of the woods that looked almost exactly like him. But he disappeared before I had the chance to stop and talk to him.

Are we really sure Charlie Mike is actually dead? Because the other day, other than his custom inverted knife rig being absent, I saw someone in my neck of the woods that looked almost exactly like him. But he disappeared before I had the chance to stop and talk to him.

AmkW47Y.jpg

(Not sure if it was posted here. It's from Sab_Tools IG Page)

I'm deleting his number from my phone tonight. I tried the number a few times hoping a family member still had it but nothing. It's weird in a digital age but deleting it seems like saying a final goodbye. Damn I miss the talks, motivation, and help he always gave. Matthew we miss you. Be seeing you one day.

I miss his quips and his popping a Bang before getting on with the review of the knife he was doing.. I have been carrying one of my custom blades in the CM carry ever since I saw him using it for the blades he carried.. It is a simple way of remembering a fellow brother of the blade who was taken before his time.. CM aka Matthew, you are missed by all of the blade forums crew that actually had some interaction with you over the years

Well shit, that really makes it feel final :(

I'm not religious or believe much in terms of faith. But I do like what Alan Watts said:

The real, deep down you is the whole universe.

So then, when you die, you’re not going to have to put up with everlasting non-existing. Because that's not an experience. A lot of people are afraid that when they die they’re going to be locked up in a dark room forever and sort of undergo that. But one of the most interesting things in the world – this is yoga, this is a way of realization.

Try and imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up.

Think about that.

Children think about that.

It’s one of the great wonders of life.

What will it be like to go to sleep and never wake up?

And if you think long enough about that, something will happen. You will find out, among other things. That it will pose the next question to you. What was it like to wake up after having never gone to sleep?

That was when you were born.

You see? You cant have an experience of nothing; Nature abhors a vacuum. So after you're dead, the only thing that can happen is the same experience, or the same sort of experience of before you were born. In other words, we all know very well that after people die. Other people are born.
And they're all you, only you can only experience one at a time.

Everybody is I, you all you’re you.

And wheresoever’s beings exist throughout all galaxies it doesn't make a difference.

You are all of them and when they come into being as you come into being.

You know that very well.

Only you don’t have to remember the past in the same way you don’t have to think about you work thyroid gland or whatever else it is in your organism. You don’t have to know how to shine the sun., You just do it. Like you breathe. Doesn't it really astonish you that you are the fantastically complex thing and that you’re doing all of this and you never had any education on how to do it.

I'm deleting his number from my phone tonight. I tried the number a few times hoping a family member still had it but nothing. It's weird in a digital age but deleting it seems like saying a final goodbye. Damn I miss the talks, motivation, and help he always gave. Matthew we miss you. Be seeing you one day.

Oh man...

I was going through my texts the other day and I found our text where I was commissioning a 4v fighter from Matt just about a month before he passed. He was going to refinish his personal blade and sell it to me.

I replied, told him he owed me one....I really hate goodbyes.

I'm not religious or believe much in terms of faith. But I do like what Alan Watts said:

Alan Watts saved my life. I have listened to this lecture in particular probably a hundred times. I love that man, he gifted me peace.

Thanks for sharing.

Reading the tributes to Matt Freeman / Charlie Mike is truly a humbling experience.

As a fellow Soldier and Veteran I thank Matt Freeman for his service. Life is certainly short. Make the most of it.

A Soldier's Prayer for Strength

Lord Jesus,

I give you all my fears, the darkest thoughts and the troubles of my heart. I lay all these things down to you at the foot of the cross.
I choose to take the lightest path to walk this road with you, my comforter and my friend. I put my trust in you.
Lord, be in my dreams, transform them as I sleep. For all the harsh and tragic sights, only you can safely keep.
I wait on you to be my lead, my guide and my defence. I serve only you and pray for peace with those we fight against.
Lord Jesus, I ask that your endless grace would surround me every day, for you took all this, the harshest conflict to the cross and rose again.
Dear Lord, guard my mind, my heart and my soul and lead me in the way of hope. As I serve my duty here I lean on your wisdom, your love and your strength, and look forwards to the time when a new day dawns, and I return home to the peace again.

Amen.

Rest Easy Charlie Mike. You are now home. You fought the good fight! Your Duty has been proudly served and you have left an indelible mark on all those you touched.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Slow Salute!

Back