RIP Lapedog (Aron)

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Friends and members,

It is on this day that @emjay4248 and I must sadly say, with heavy hearts, that a good friend and BF member has passed to the other side.

Lapedog, real name Aron, passed away last year at the end of September 2019. He was a young promising man. There are very little details of his passing and it is a very suspicious situation with very little answers.

We will both miss our good friend, Aron, dearly.

Aron’s dark humor, love and knowledge of knives, and friendship is something we will hold in our hearts forever.

Brother, we both miss you dearly, and are saddened that you have left us.

RIP, Aron...dang.

Please, if you knew Aron aka Lapedog, or have a memory, please post in this thread.

Can't say as I remember him, but condolences to you and his friends, and to his family.

It is a sad thing to die so young, I was also just made aware by @emjay4248 recently as we had a tag team approach on getting a knife that I had up for sale into his hands, being in Canada I was reluctant as one knife I sold and shipped to Canada was confiscated and never reached the other person's hands. But as there was an intermediary we were able to get this done, so two acquaintances made at the same time.

Again, sad news, prayers for his family,
G2

Wow that is sad news. I was wondering about him, he had not posted for a long while.

He had good taste in folding knives and contributed positively to the forum.

Smoke and prayers sent.

He was a good guy. Had great taste in knives. Very enthusiastic about the hobby. Sold him a Thiel Citizen front flipper just over a year ago. We had a bunch of fun discussions on front flippers. Anyway. He made some great contributions on these forums, and quite likely elsewhere. My sympathy goes out to those who knew him better than I did.

RIP. We are always poorer when we lose a voice.

very true.

loon#r loon#r

Aron and I talked daily since the first PM a few years ago. Two knives he was a huge advocate for being made was a “medium” sebenza, and a Shamwari made by WE.
Well brother, Bull did it Aron...freaking Shamwari made by WE. He woulda been so super stoked. We talked about a ShamWEri all the time.
He was a super private guy, and if he reached out to you...you were special to him. I was lucky enough to be one of those guys.

You are missed big time, Aron.

And to all of those who have posted there condolences...thank you.

Wow. Shocked and sorry to hear this. I enjoyed his posts. I think I recall some good neck knife discussion from him...a name I would usually expect some value added posts from.

Really sucks losing someone...even more so prematurely. Condolences to his friends and family.

Rest in peace.

He went out of his way to give me advice on getting knives from outside of Canada shipped across the border once. Definitely a kind-hearted fellow.

Back