Photos RIP Ronybear;

To the Busse family,

I just wanted to take a minute and post on here to all of the HOGs out there in Busse Land that knew my father Ron Hall (aka-Ronybear or Porkybear). He passed away peacefully on 9-14-20 in Charleston, SC with his 3 children by his side. Some of our best times together were at the Blade and Knob Creek Shows. We both love us some Infi and we always enjoyed breaking bread with the gang and admiring all of the beautiful knives. Jerry and the Busse family treated us so kindly and always made us feel at home. Although we weren't able to make the last several shows we were always there in spirit and talked about how nice it would be to make it back one day. Unfortuneately, it never happened for us. Thankyou all so much for bringing us in and always making us feel loved. Those memories of my dad will forever be with me.

Respectfully,

Porkybear2 (The Revenge)

Well shite...So very sorry to read this.. :oops::oops::oops:
My sincerest condolences to you & your family for your loss.
Was a pleasure to meet him, & talk knives @ Blade years ago, & handle those sweet INFI automatics he had done- so beautiful..and I still have the knife he sold me a long time back, the Mean Street fatty prototype he sent to Reese Weiland for custom work.

RIP Porkybear

FB_IMG_1543287537360.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear this. I only ever interacted with him here on the forum but he was very kind to a young hog. I seem to remember he told me he was a retired school principle at the time.

I’m so sorry to hear that, I never met him but knew him a bit from the forums, he was a constant here.

My most sincere condolences, but I’m glad to hear he passed with his loved ones close to ease his journey...

Winston

Last edited:
So sorry for your family. My last trip to Blade, 2009, Ronybear was kind enough to give me a ride into town from the airport, and introduced me to The Varsity ... "What’ll ya have… What’ll ya have?"

Oh, no. RIP, big guy.

If you bought a Busse from RonyBear, you could count on two things:
No matter what he said about the knife's condition, it was always going to be better than described.
It was going to be more carefully wrapped and protected than from any other seller, ever.

RIP Ronybear-- sounds like the kind of Hog I'd been lucky to meet, sorry that I didn't. :(

Condolences to the Family...RIP Ronybear.

I haven’t been around long enough to know him, but wish to extend my condolences to your family.

RIP, Ronybear.

All the best to you, and your family, during these troubled times.

So sorry to hear of his passing. I always looked forward to reading his posts, as his perspective was always well informed. As MikeH said, he was a stellar trader—and gentleman—here on the forums. Also had a great sense of humor. One of the best.

Sorry to hear that. May your family find peace, and enjoy the fond memories you have of him.

Back