• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped off by Dale Reif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe the insults don't solve problems,under the circumstances he has been alot more restrained than I would have been in the same situation.Let's not forget who's money is down the drain, and B.S. thats been put up with, before we cast stones on a guy for a couple of well deserved insults imho.

i must agree w/tombstone on this one, if i was out the $$/time/aggravation/etc of all this i might throw a few stones myself.

if the shoe fits wear it, he should ship the guy his knife, its only the right/honest/christian thing to do.

doing otherwise is no better than a common thief imho

greg

I acquired a Reif knife from frankDL. I
hope Dale Reif gets back on track and makes
good on all his promises. As soon as as I
hear he has I'd like to order another knife
directly from Reif with some modifications.
I can't believe a guy with that kind of talent would let his reputation get slammed
like it has on this thread.
A man's word is all he has.

Ray Smith

OK,
My comments about the poll my have been a little too insulting for the taste of some, and while I am a truly combative person, I don't expect everyone else to be either, I guess the USMC had more of an effect on me than I thought, OUTSTANDING!!!!

Quite simply, I got screwed, and for those of you that feel Dale is not a thief, order a knife from him, and you'll find out. I don't want to start any wars with people here, but damn it, I am not going to lie down and take it in the shorts from Reif, and I shouldn't have to. If he is not a thief, than what is he??? This has gone way past just being flakey. We are now at the 13 month mark and still NADA!!!

I appreciate the comments of EVERY member here, whether I agree with them or not, so please keep them coming. It saddens me that Dale has done this to me, I now have a bunch of knives that I can't stand the sight of. Dale has talent at making knives, but his sense of business and ethics is seriously lacking. One day, if the planets ever line up the right way, and Dale actually lives up to his word and delivers the knives, or the gives me the refund I have asked for THREE times, I will be the first to post here and say so. Unlike some, I am a man of my word, and I live by it.

John Sage

Never Deal with Dale Reif

For the record, I appreciate knowing the facts about makers who are not managing their businesses in ethical ways.

Ergo, I appreciate when forum members advise others so that we can protect ourselves from also falling into the same holes.

(Sidebar: Reminds me... haven't heard if Allen Blade is back on track or not.)

John, hope your efforts with the lawyer produce either acceptable goods or a full refund of your funds.

John, I think you have shown amazing restraint. If someone ripped me off for $1100 for this long I think I would have sent a few well paid 1%ers to visit by now.
Do not let this go brother. I do not want to step on any forum members toes if you have had a good experience with said POG but this is not the first guy he's ripped off. If you know John Sage or ever dealt with him you know he doesnt deserve this.
A good friend of mine sent a knife to him awhile ago to have ill fitting scales replaced with carbon fiber. They came back with ill fitting scales of plastic with a carbon fiber design without a word. When contacted he just said he was out of carbon fiber. Classy.
I understand people can have problems, ie divorce, illness,etc. but there is never a reason to rip someone off.
John, I didnt see anything wrong with your poll but my guess is that his main problem is greed,lack of honesty,lack of integrity,and lack of honor. Hopefully he will now suffer from lack of business and victims.

BTW, does anyone know if it's true that he was once an LEO?

I am not casting stones and I certainly understand why John made the comments he did. Sometimes we need to do things just to blow off steam and I might have made the same kind of comments myself. I don't think anything less of John because of what he posted.

True, I can be a bit reactionary at times, hmmmm, wonder where I learned that? The point is, in response to Lifter, it is not a question of restraint, just disatance. I am in California, the POS in question is in Kansas. Here is a public statement for you:

Dear Dale,

As you are totally unwilling to honor our agreement, I am willing to forego all claims to any money or knives you owe me, and call off the postal inspectors, if you would be willing to step into a locked room with me for five mintues.
I just want to talk, that's all:D .

I will wait for Dale's reply and keep you all posted.
We shouldn't be waiting long, as Dale is a man of tremendous honor, and his business practices are tip top. Dale, I salute you!

BTW,
Yes the POS in question was a LEO, in Maize, Kansas from 1996-2000. I am sure he retired with full benefits, in the good graces of the city, after a loooong career of service to the people.:rolleyes:

Got a nice letter from the postal inspectors today. They have given Reif 30 days to do right by me or he loses his mail delivery. NICE!!!! Now, as I am not alone in being screwed over by Reif, if any of you got ripped off by him and sent him money or product through the US Mail, PLEASE notify the inspectors and we can nail Dale to the wall!!!

So, here's a poll for YOU- Who thinks Dale will simply ignore the inspectors and dig a deeper hole for himself?

I DO!

Still haven't heard a peep from Dale. Hmmmm, he must have a terminal hang nail, or some other life threatening dilema to deal with, yeah, that's why he has taken over 14 months to get to my stuff, yeah that's right! :barf:

John Sage

Amazing !

Reif must be vying for the position of "Greatest Wanker of the Knife World !"

But, I'm happy to see that some progress is being made !

Hopefully, the outcome will result in you getting your blades or money back. If me. . .I'd want the moolah. No telling what the "Greatest Wanker" would send you ! :)

Thanks for the update. . .and keep us posted.

I e-mailed Dale yesterday inquiring about an available knife on his site, this is his response.

"Hi Steve,

That folder has been sold. I need to get the web page changed. I would be more than happy to build you one similar to that. If you would like to call me @ 316-393-3042 or email me your # and I'll call you.

Thanks,

Dale"

So, I guess Dale has no problem still taking orders from people, just not filling them.

I hadn't recieved any emails letting me know about the last few responses, and school has me BUSY, but here is what is happening now. Beleive it or not..... Dale sent me two of the three knives he owes me, and one of them is in good enough shape to sell right away. The other has a serious blade centering problem that I need to address as soon as I get the time.

It has taken a lot of effort to get this much. Dale stills owes me the third knife, of which I have only paid about 75% of, BUT, Dale told me over the phone not to worry about the balance, so as far AS I AM CONCERNED, THAT ONE IS PAID IN FULL, TOO. According to the letter I got from the postal inpsectors, the deadline for Dale to do right by me has about a week left. Now, as I am still owed something, I don't consider this matter resolved. And as a consequence of lessons learned, I am not singing and dancing yet. I am generally happy with what I got from Dale a few days ago, but those knives could use a sharpening and a little tweaking to bring them up to par. I have had a few phone calls from Dale promising me the third knife within a week or two of the first two. How many times have I heard that??? At least he finally came through with 66.666>% of the contract so far. I will update when/if the third knife shows up. Yes, I am still alittle skeptical, wouldn't you be????????

I gotta say, I've been following this thread and I'm pretty disappointed in how it's going. John and I did business almost a year ago and I gotta say that he was very good to deal with and is definitely a man that stands by his word. It pisses me off when good people get the shaft.

Hope it turns out for you, man--and I'm still carrying that LCC you sold me.

-Z

Thanks for the update John ! I'm extremely happy that you're making headway. :)

"A little skeptical ?" You have every right to be !

And you're correct. . ."it ain't done until the fat lady sings !"

Keep us posted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back