• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rob. It's funny you say that as I already had one dealer that I was on pretty good terms make it very clear he is very unhappy with me because he is apparently owed some work from Turpin and feels I am hurting his ability to sell those knives, I guess.

Ha! Not hard to figure out at all.

That dealer has misplaced priorities and I sincerely question his love of this knife community. If his business depends upon the sale of Turpin Knives, he may want to rethink his business plan. If I were that dealer, I'd drop a relationship with Turpin like a stone and walk away. Now, if that dealer is really "owed" work by Dustin as some sort of payment, debt, or an "in lieu of" arrangement, then he's also gotten screwed. He just hasn't come to grip with reality yet.

The fact this dealer told you he was unhappy with YOU tells me a lot about his character.

Thanks Rob. It's funny you say that as I already had one dealer that I was on pretty good terms make it very clear he is very unhappy with me because he is apparently owed some work from Turpin and feels I am hurting his ability to sell those knives, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read , not you lawfor the dealer. You get ripped off and shame on you for going public . I wish you would privately tell me the dealer if you remember past conversations and I told you about my friends ...They are very active in the custom knife world and I'm sure they'd like to know what dealer did this to avoid then from now on.

you cant make this shit up if you tried.

hate to quote myself but:
"stop protecting the value of a product when you know there is no value in the man."

you cant make this shit up if you tried.

hate to quote myself but:
"stop protecting the value of a product when you know there is no value in the man."

When you're right, you're right. Well said.

Very intelligent dealer.....instead of ripping into the piece of shit that is responsible, attack the guy that got robbed??
Makes sense........if you're a heartless prick.
Again Dale.....don't sweat that shit my friend.
Joe

Every retailer who sells this cucks knives needs petitioning.

The community needs to stand together and not give in to selfish preservation regarding any DT knives they have in their possession.

Listen Dustin, this is not going to go away and end up on page xxx of the hall of shame. It's staying up here to reign shame on you until you step up and make our pal Dale whole again.

I'd love to see him step up and square Dale away Phil, but good old DP is now blaming Dale for all this because he went public. Psychopaths, when cornered, lash out and blame the whole world.......because they will NEVER look at themselves.
So at this point Dustin Turpin is feeling sorry for himself and telling himself big bad meanie Dale is a big bad meanie.
I can't imagine going through each day with this shit on my head.
Joe

Wow. I am sorry for those that own Turpin's knives. If those knives drop in value it is due to Dustin being an unscrupulous liar and NOT Lawfor's actions.

Wow, what a selfish person - dealer- who puts making money on things they do not even have yet ahead of integrity and calling out a lying thief. No one needs to do business with a "dealer" like that. There are way too many honest upstanding makers out there to defend this turd. Shame on that dealer.

Well, I just thought it interesting given Rob's comments but don't want to say more about that. Want to keep the focus right where it belongs, on the man with absolutely zero honor or integrity- Dustin Turpin.

For anyone curious this thread is now above Mr. Turpin's own shut down site which should be very telling to anyone researching a new purchase.

I was able to find this, some of us would like to ask him to immediately compensate the OP. d.turpin@turpin-knives.com

- Dustin Turpin knives - I would not recommend buying his pot metal trinkets. They are no longer of value. He is a common thief. Not an artist, but a con-man. Preying on the weak. Stealing from good people. This knife maker is not exhibiting the kind of behavior that would be attributed to a wildly imaginative and brilliant artist, quite to the contrary, but shows his true colors of a common bottom dwelling thief, and vigorously seeking out new methods of stealing his victims blind. Presently, a $7000 dollar Rolex watch, taken from his victim. How many others have been bilked by this monster? Who knows? Let others begin coming forward to tell their stories......

Last edited:
Somewhere out in the knife community, this dialogue is already happening:

BUYER: Hey, I'm really interested in the knife you have for sale. Would you consider a possible trade?
DEALER/SELLER: Maybe. What do you have to trade?
BUYER: A Dustin Turpin ____________.
DEALER/SELLER: Uh, no thanks.

And that, gentlemen, is the sound of a knife maker's secondary crashing through the floor.

Last edited:
Sent Dustin Turpin a couple e mails and it seems that addy is good.....no bounce back.
Nothing horrifying or threatening......just a heads up or 3.
Joe

This info may have already been posted in this thread, but I couldn't find it. If this is old info, I apologize.

I just noticed that some dealers are selling a Brous Blades/Dustin Turpin collaboration - The Insight.

This is very discouraging. I have sent messages to Brous and KC letting them know, especially Brous, that this collaboration is a black eye to their reputation.

At this point I would be pursuing legal action. Even if OP got the other 2 knives what would these knives be worth now? Nowhere near $7000.

I agree, why haven't your gone legal with this? You have been scammed. Probably time to realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back