• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How true Dale.
I am SURE you are on a long list of guys that got hammered by him. A cheater always cheats.
Joe

Been keeping myself posted on this thread. Man, such a joke. OP, you have handled this incident much more honorably than I could say for myself. Having had a family member affected by depression, I can tell you it has never reached a point where someone has been wronged by them, you just hate to watch them go through it, feeling helpless. In fact, he has done more "lending of a hand" than most people I know who aren't suffering, even in the midst of their situation. Most of which was not owed or due on their part. It is hard to try and see things through the eyes of someone experiencing such a thing, but I have seen the destruction it can cause someone. How Dustin has chosen to treat this situation you still find yourself in is a whole other scenario, however. The fact that he's not even willing to make it right by refunding the difference of the remaining two knives is a huge red flag if I've ever seen one. That along with the countless knives he's made and orders he's taken in the mean time shows an appalling disregard for personal responsibility on his part. I truly do hope that Dustin finds something or someone that can help him cope with his mental health, and comes around to make things right (even though it's so passed due to say he can completely do so). To claim it as justified under his situation is such a slap in the face to all of those who are currently suffering from depression and anxiety.

Thanks for keeping us posted, OP. Although said so many times before, I really hope Dustin can come through and redeem himself of this debt to make things right.

Depression is an illness , it is not a reason to be a scumbag POS. All sympathy I would of had for the guy went out the window when he stole money and blamed it on depression. Like my blue friend up top with the same name I know people that are depressed . Only people they've tried to hurt are themselves , they don't run around using it as an excuse to steal either .

Depression is an illness , it is not a reason to be a scumbag POS. All sympathy I would of had for the guy went out the window when he stole money and blamed it on depression. Like my blue friend up top with the same name I know people that are depressed . Only people they've tried to hurt are themselves , they don't run around using it as an excuse to steal either .

Absolutely true^^^

Depression does not make you act like a heroin addict....

Anyway, you guys are doing a great job with this thread. Google is a true democracy when it comes to search algorithms!

This thread is the first thing that pops up if you Google "Dustin Turpin"
The 4th thing that pops up in a search for this guy is a reddit thread entitled "Dustin Turpin is a Scumbag"

He's getting more famous by the minute...

Everything I type Dustin Turpin into Google it wants to insert scammer. Seriously try it for yourself .

I'm not usually a fan of the Internet dog piling and destroying people ,but this guy deserves everything and then some .

Lawfor seems like the type of guy that would give you the shirt of his back even if you slapped him , same he's dealing with this .

Everything I type Dustin Turpin into Google it wants to insert scammer. Seriously try it for yourself .

nope, not for me. it's cause you've done it before and google remembers it via cookies or whatever reason.

i haven't searched that way so it doesn't give me any choices except when typing "dustin turpin" except these three terms........"knives or strife or peril." that is all that auto fills on google. the first thing that shows on the dustin turpin page or knives, etc.....as the search term is this thread. so it's had a huge impact. beat his own under construction website. the amount of money this is costing him is far beyond what he owes the op.....go figure.

Oh, OK Tha KS for clarifying that still funny when I type it and see this .

50cec06273281874690021ca21f4c8ba.jpg

I find that it also depends on your browser/ search engine. If I search the name in the Bing search bar, nothing. If I do so into Google, this thread is the first to show up. And my default search engine is Bing.

Wow sorry to hear that. I'm glad I came by this thread while looking for a new custom and considering his knives. I know what knife I won't be buying next now. Thanks for taking the time to make buyers beware.

Yup!!! ^^
You saved another one Dale!! Thanks for posting Heathen!
Keep it open!
Joe

So much for Skelton flapping his gums on youtube on how great his knives are,Brad Duncans knives were nice but look where that went.I hate the fact that as you waited for your knives, one gets auctioned off for 5500.00 so as the money rolls in for him, your still out .The minute he got that rolex,he should have gotten your knives done and put everything else on hold untll the deal was done.

Skelton posted a pic yesterday on IG of one his Turpin knives. I noticed someone called it the blood diamond of knives but the comment was quickly deleted.

Yeah ,he gets Turpins knives no problem, but this guy gives him a seven thousand dollar rolex and gets robbed.Skelton should give this man 2 of his turpins since he's grandstanding Turpin so much.....

I bet Turpin's parents would be proud..... He has the most disgusting rip off story of any of these custom makers gone rogue. Scardy cat wouldn't even show up to blade, probably because he knew someone would beat his lying face in. His actions are disgusting and he should just disappear. I wonder how hard it would be to find the father in law's contact info, just to see if he even had the watch. He would probably also like to know what kind of man his daughter is involved with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So much for Skelton flapping his gums on youtube on how great his knives are,Brad Duncans knives were nice but look where that went.I hate the fact that as you waited for your knives, one gets auctioned off for 5500.00 so as the money rolls in for him, your still out .The minute he got that rolex,he should have gotten your knives done and put everything else on hold untll the deal was done.

Skelton posted a pic yesterday on IG of one his Turpin knives. I noticed someone called it the blood diamond of knives but the comment was quickly deleted.

Yeah ,he gets Turpins knives no problem, but this guy gives him a seven thousand dollar rolex and gets robbed.Skelton should give this man 2 of his turpins since he's grandstanding Turpin so much.....

Side Note: When I first starting seeing Skelton videos, somthing just bothered me about him -- couldn't put my finger on it. I did a little digging (quick search on Google) and turns out he is pretty much a scumbag himself.
Skelton has burned A LOT of people from his days in the cigar community and later in the watch collector community. Just wondering when and if he will do the same to the knife community.

Not going to list all the crap I found, but here is a good start:
http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showthread.php?t=24123

Last edited:

I think there is a reason why neither of those 2 people are on here. The heat would far too much to take. There are quite a lot that don't care for either one, outside this specific instance. Boisterous, bloviating used car salesmen types have never really gotten much love from me either.

This ^^^

I still find it ironic that Skelton decided to jump into this situation by allegedly speaking with Turpin (something I did not ask him to do and something he didn't bother to ask me about), then publicly posts a "your knives are on the bench almost done" comment and then when this also proves to be a lie, he disowns the entire situation and wants nothing to do with it - says he doesn't want people to think he's somehow involved-- even though he involved himself.

Either way, just one more broken promise/lie in a string of lies from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^^^

I still find it ironic that Skelton decided to jump into this situation by allegedly speaking with Turpin ...

Skelton is a lapdog to designers and makers, pandering to all of them. Something that so obviously comes through in his videos. Such a brown noser.

sorry about your troubles, rolexes especially subs are as good as cash! :eek: better in some places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back