• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope you're going to take some legal action now.

Working on that end also.

Skelton decided to respond today.

96e5ecd0ad5a260b4e254dc08f6ffcac.jpg

e7ce052480c68482ba66600eadfb209f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao that Jim is proving Dustin picks like minded friends. In my experience in life rotten people surround themselves with rotten people.

The op should come up with a nice sig line for Turpin and let people willing to wear it do so for him

Neither Skelton nor Turpin (who has blocked me on IG) have communicated anything to me directly. Since Skelton's post I have not hears a word and although others have asked him, Not a word further from Skelton. So I must assume that these are just more lies like I have heard for the last year or more.

You should have filed suit (and whatever criminal charges are available to you, individually or collectively with the 25 depositors) the second you realized this had happened.

I wish you luck in recouping some of your investment, though it seems like your time and effort will have to be written off as a life lesson.

Lol Jim posts about child killers , rapist , abortions ,incest you degrade women and post about sex in every post he makes . Couple of bladeforums guys say how distasteful he is and it backfires on OP .

I have no connection to lawfor , my opinion that JS is scum is my own and has nothing to do with lawfor furthermore nothing lawfor did made me think JS was a scumbag JS made me think he was a scumbag.

So he can get pissy all he wants JS should of contacted lawfor in private . I'm sure lawfor would of never said the name Jim Skelton had Jim contacted him privately and or even said hey I'm not in this but talked to Dustin leave me out of it . Lawfor is out a lot of money here . He's getting the cold shoulder from the maker and the 1 time he gets a response was from JS and it goes silent after that . He's justified in his feelings . Jim sorry but good deed or not you involved your self . Like I said why not contact lawfor in private and explain it was a favor you did ? Lawfor has been dicked around enough .

Last edited:
Check out JS's FB page. On June 14 he posted pics of a collaboration knife that Dustin did with another maker. He says these knives are the "First of the 5 that currently exist, 5 more are to be made..."

I am not sure what the relationship is between Dustin and JS, when the knives were made or when the pics were taken. However, based on JS's post on this subject, I am pretty sure that I want nothing to do with him.

Some people are not the kind to just do "favors" for some guy they didn't know and just heard about. There is likely a reason for it. If you have thousands of dollars worth of his knives and get some freebies or first deals - you would want to make sure Turpin does not go down........

I have no connection to lawSo he can get pissy all he wants JS should of contacted lawfor in private . I'm sure lawfor would of never said the name Jim Skelton had Jim contacted him privately and or even said hey I'm not in this but talked to Dustin leave me out of it . Lawfor is out a lot of money here . He's getting the cold shoulder from the maker and the 1 time he gets a response was from JS and it goes silent after that . He's justified in his feelings . Jim sorry but good deed or not you involved your self . Like I said why not contact lawfor in private and explain it was a favor you did ? Lawfor has been dicked around enough .

^ Excellent point, Spartan! :thumbup:

Check out JS's FB page. On June 14 he posted pics of a collaboration knife that Dustin did with another maker. He says these knives are the "First of the 5 that currently exist, 5 more are to be made..."

^ Making the OP's situation with DT, that much more infuriating.

Dustin Turpin, is nothing more that a conniving, scumbag thief! He can spend the rest of his life making more quality blades...that will never erase the pariah/thief legacy that he's etched into stone, for what he did here.

Last edited:

I wonder what kind of secondary market value those five collaborations (there'll never be ten, those "future five" are what's known in my business as "vaporware") are going to hold.

Some people are not the kind to just do "favors" for some guy they didn't know and just heard about. There is likely a reason for it. If you have thousands of dollars worth of his knives and get some freebies or first deals - you would want to make sure Turpin does not go down........

This is a good point, and a disappointing turnout regardless of whether OP ever gets his last two knives. People who have spent good money on a Turpin product and expect some of that value to hold over time are probably seeing the actual value of their investments dwindle by the day, as Dustin's internet search results and general industry reputation continue to sour.

As an aside, I wonder if Turpin has spent any time trying to "scrub" search results since this whole snafu started. There are third-party services out there which claim to be able to do that (for varying amounts of cash, all rather high, with varying degrees of efficiency, all rather low).

^ Very interesting little thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/knifeclub/comments/3gfbwy/how_the_sweet_fuck_does_jim_skelton_afford_all/

Another very interesting fact: Jim Skelton's profound fondness, for very high end watches!

I wonder who, is in possession of the OP's Rolex? :eek:

You know I never thought about that , but your right Jim was the watch host on msnbc but he was fired. If people want to know the reason Google it .

Does seem a little weird lawfor gives a watch ,then Jim jumps in out of nowhere especially with his love for watches .

If anything Jim would know where to unload a Rolex for cash

Guys, I truly appreciate the support but my only reason for mentioning Skelton to begin with was the fact that he claimed to have some information about my knives. I would respectfully ask that we not speculate about him beyond the plain facts here. I have no reason to believe Skelton is up to something shady and want to keep this thread open and active for its intended purpose- to highlight what Turpin has done to me and others and hopefully get some resolution. Thanks.

Dale, man, how in the world did I miss this 20-page gem? Guess it doesn't help that I'm not actively on IG. Anyway, thank you for bringing this to the fore and I have no doubt you have done your level best to keep this as factual, and to the letter, as possible. I'm disappointed and shocked in Dustin's behavior to say the very least. I honestly thought he was better than this.

I am so sorry for what you have gone through and are still trying to resolve. I hope Dustin IMMEDIATELY sets aside his guilt, pride, embarrassment, and just picks up his phone and calls you personally. Brother, your patience and transparency is to be admired. As for Jim being involved to whatever degree, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have every confidence Jim was, to a small degree, only trying to assist both parties. Bottom line, it's unfortunate that Dustin did not do the right thing from the get-go but that ship has sailed. It is fairly clear that his reputation and business are now clearly tarnished (secondary $$$ and demand are dropping daily) and this was entirely avoidable if he had only acted with integrity in all business deals/agreements. This is too bad because he is one helluva talented knife maker (who, BTW, was very nice to me 2+ years ago). I hope Dustin resolves this for you ASAP and gets back on track to reestablishing a more positive reputation and work ethic. This includes making things right with those (of the selected 25) still waiting on their knives promised by a prompt return of their $100 deposit--and personal apologies. If Dustin truly needs counseling/mental help, then he should get it, but there is no longer any excuse good enough for his repeated and lengthy delays. Keeping his word should always be a man's top priority, I don't care who you are or think you are.

I'll now be following this thread and hope it ends appropriately for you... and SOON. You're a good man, Dale. Call anytime.

~ Rob

Guys, I truly appreciate the support but my only reason for mentioning Skelton to begin with was the fact that he claimed to have some information about my knives. I would respectfully ask that we not speculate about him beyond the plain facts here. I have no reason to believe Skelton is up to something shady and want to keep this thread open and active for its intended purpose- to highlight what Turpin has done to me and others and hopefully get some resolution. Thanks.

You are correct - truthfully, Skelton had nothing to do with Turpin's actions. None of this is his fault, and any of his past activities or motivation here really matters. This is all on Turpin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back