• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not as of the moment. Thread is current.

Latest news was that about three weeks ago Jim Skelton posted publicly that he had spoken to Turpin and that the knives were "in various stages of completion." He offered no other facts or evidence of this.

I attempted (yet again) to contact Turpin by cell but he refused to respond or acknowledge me.

Since that time there has been no further word from Skelton although he has stated that he does not want to be dragged into this and he apparently knows nothing more. Turpin had previously told me many many times that the knives "were being completed" and these statements were never true. And I highly doubt they are true now, regardless of what Skelton has been told.

So that is about it. I am still looking into the possibility of both criminal and civil action and will provide an update on that when I know more.

A number of other people have contacted me privately about deposits that they gave to Turpin years ago and the fact that he refuses to respond to them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is hoping any legal recourse goes smoothly for you and others. Best wishes to you for the best outcome possible at this point.

Post his cell phone number and we can all give this POS a call. You are to nice OP. I would have been in jail for beating the living crap out of him and taken my knives and then some. I think it's funny now how so many paid ass loads of money for one of his knives on the secondary market and now are stuck with them and his tarnished image. Good luck to them for trying to fill em now

Post his cell phone number and we can all give this POS a call. You are to nice OP. I would have been in jail for beating the living crap out of him and taken my knives and then some. I think it's funny now how so many paid ass loads of money for one of his knives on the secondary market and now are stuck with them and his tarnished image. Good luck to them for trying to fill em now

How is that in any way funny?? People, most of them good people, made an investment in a product made by a maker that was previously in good standing, and the loss of value to their investment is funny to you. A few of those people are also fellow members here.

Obviously I agree with lawfor and hope he gets what is rightfully his, but the people that bought Turpins knives years ago will also become victims of his (Turpins ) scheme.

How is that in any way funny?? People, most of them good people, made an investment in a product made by a maker that was previously in good standing, and the loss of value to their investment is funny to you. A few of those people are also fellow members here.

Obviously I agree with lawfor and hope he gets what is rightfully his, but the people that bought Turpins knives years ago will also become victims of his (Turpins ) scheme.

Agreed. Any way you cut it, Turpin makes amazing knives. It's unfortunate he is such a scumbag. Before all of this I would have considered owning one of his knives. Knowing what I know now -- NO WAY. For some collectors, none of this matters and that's cool, to each his own. While others (myself included) shit like this would bother me.

Interesting but not at all surprising. As soon as I pulled up the vid and heard the voice, I already knew the outcome... and the above comment describes him perfectly. That guy would buy prison art by Charles Manson if it meant getting more Instagram or YouTube followers. Consider the source on this one.

Bottom line: We are talking about THEFT. As long as greedy collectors look past Turpin's behavior just to score a knife--no matter how good it is--these types of problems will continue and Turpin will not be held accountable by the knife community--as he damn well should. The guy who made this video has a right to his opinion as I have a right to mine: I think his argument and rationale are both unacceptable and intolerable. As for me, I will support the guy who was wronged, not the man who wronged him... and screw the maker's "art."

I guess anyone can justify anything.
He's more or less saying he couldn't care less he dealt with a thief as long as HE didn't get screwed.
Joe

Interesting but not at all surprising. As soon as I pulled up the vid and heard the voice, I already knew the outcome... and the above comment describes him perfectly. That guy would buy prison art by Charles Manson if it meant getting more Instagram or YouTube followers. Consider the source on this one.

Bottom line: We are talking about THEFT. As long as greedy collectors look past Turpin's behavior just to score a knife--no matter how good it is--these types of problems will continue and Turpin will not be held accountable by the knife community--as he damn well should. The guy who made this video has a right to his opinion as I have a right to mine: I think his argument and rationale are both unacceptable and intolerable. As for me, I will support the guy who was wronged, not the man who wronged him... and screw the maker's "art."

I also immediately unsubscribed to EpicSnuggleBunny after he posted this comment to the above video....."Good video. I think you made a good case for both the maker and his work. Much in the same way you did for Blackwood".

I wonder how they would feel if an "artist" was stealing from them.

I also immediately unsubscribed to EpicSnuggleBunny after he posted this comment to the above video....."Good video. I think you made a good case for both the maker and his work. Much in the same way you did for Blackwood".

I wonder how they would feel if an "artist" was stealing from them.
We know how they'd feel.......they would be here bringing the thief to our attention!!

You are correct.

If you want to know why the world is the way it is now, look at this guys attitude towards supporting people that are wrong. You don't do it, no matter how great their work is. Anyone that gives passes like this also has very little in ethics and morality and not someone I would do business with.

Guaranteed this guy would be crying like a baby if the shoes were reverse.

He doesn't speak for the knife community or anyone I know that has 1/4 of a brain and can make logical decisions.

Just to be clear, the "collector" we are discussing in the above posts who is supporting Dustin Turpin is Tzvy Morais. He is the one who posted the YouTube video for which I provided the link.

Last edited:
if this doesn't bother you then you are a twat, and a big part of the problem.

^ Excellent choice in word, looseyfur! :thumbup:

^ I couldn't agree more. This douche, is probably laying in bed...fondling his D.T. knives, at this very moment...& I've never used the word "fondling' in the same sentence with "knives," before.

[BIf you want to know why the world is the way it is now, look at this guys attitude towards supporting people that are wrong. You don't do it, no matter how great their work is. Anyone that gives passes like this also has very little in ethics and morality and not someone I would do business with.

Guaranteed this guy would be crying like a baby if the shoes were reverse.

He doesn't speak for the knife community or anyone I know[/B]

^ This YouTube narcissist (Tzvy), sounds like one of the biggest pussies, that I've ever had the displeasure of listening to! Nauseating!

Just to be clear, the "collector" we are discussing in the above posts who is supporting Dustin Turpin is Tzvy Morais. He is the one who posted the YouTube video for which I provided the link.

^ Correct! Dustin Turpin, & anyone whom supports this thief, or endorses is knives, is ______!

Last edited:
I guess I see it this way. Let's just say -- as some folks have said to me -- that anyone can make a mistake. Knifemaker bites off more than he can chew, gets behind, over promises, whatever. It can happen and there should be some understanding for a mistake that perhaps is not intentional.

Yep, I get that.

But what about a maker who has taken money and not delivered for almost two years, is publicly (and privately) called out by multiple people about it and instead of admitting a mistake and trying to make it right, simply ignores it totally and completely and basically tells the customer (and apparently a bunch of other guys who have paid him deposits for "spots") and the knife community who have called him out on it, "f*^k you."

What about THAT guy?

The one who regardless of his original intentions, good or bad, makes no effort to even apologize much less to fix the situation? Mine or anyone else's.

That's a guy that I personally don't think should be supported by anyone in this community, regardless of who they are.

26c778e025444a52f6b79694e6791210.jpg

Last edited:
Very well put Dale. No excuses will excuse his behavior at this point. Period.
Joe

Had Turpin came in here or to lawfor and said I screwed up. I've had personal issues but let me make this right and delivered on it he could of came back from this IMHO. Nobody is perfect and an attempt to right his wrongs would of been stand up IMHO.

However this goes back to the beginning . I question anyone that would take extra money or watch or whatever it is to jump a customer in the line .Nothing against op , Turpin didn't haft to accept but he did and that IMHO was first shady move you put someone in front of the books over people that had been waiting ? It's not right , I think his intentions were to never do anything and just keep the watch .

Like lawfor said you are what you do not what you say you'll do. In this case what Turpin said he'd do (move op to front of books or on closed books period is shady and nearly as bad as what he hasn't done by filling his orders .

Dustin Turpin=no honour

I posted previously that some will still support these makers that go rogue. Maybe if they had some skin in the game it would be different. I'd love Ivan Drago's next YouTube video to be titled 'Dustin did the dirty on me'.

Joke apart I would not wish this on anybody.

I know you have been following this Dustin, man up and make things right. It will be the Hellfire you are bound for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back