• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Ripped off, why can't I leave feedback?

I'm including several knife forums in that count, primarily Microholics, but yeah, even my most recent transaction has yet to leave feedback. I've never asked people to leave it and I'm not great at leaving it either. Perhaps I need to improve in that area.
I figured that after I hit send.

His profile says KCMO..... he is misrepresenting my state!!! :mad:
Let’s hope he had an issue.... but he was just logged on at 3:52 pm

T TStatesboro
Did you use a paypal balance, have the funds drawn from your bank, or pay via credit card? I usually use a credit card, even if I have a paypal balance, because paypal will defer to the card company's decision in these matters... and the protections are generally better.
Of course, there may be higher rates for "F&F" payments as they are likely treated as cash advances...but I consider a request for F&F to be a deal killer (even if the person subsequently says they'll take G&S), so I can't confirm that.

Never pay F&F. EVER!

If a seller insists on it, I walk. No exceptions. I’ve agreed to chip in the measly 3% or whatever it is, but always through G&S.

Only takes one bad deal to learn that lesson. I wish more would learn by advice rather than by example. This was an expensive lesson.

IMO, paying for goods on BF using F&F shouldn’t be strongly discouraged, it should be outright against the rules. Since it is immoral, unscrupulous, and illegal. :mad:

Boru13 Boru13 Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

hhmoore hhmoore I did pay using a business CC as the knife is intended to be used as a reference piece for a large scale vintage Ultratech print I've been working on over the years. I'm concerned a chargeback will be used as grounds for termination of my business PayPal acct.

Frankly, I just want what I paid for and I still hope the seller comes through. Otherwise, I'll go the chargeback route, deal with the consequences with PP, and notify the DA in the seller's AO; (seller already has enough problems, so I hate to go this route).

hhmoore hhmoore I did pay using a business CC as the knife is intended to be used as a reference piece for a large scale vintage Ultratech print I've been working on over the years. I'm concerned a chargeback will be used as grounds for termination of my business PayPal acct.

Frankly, I just want what I paid for and I still hope the seller comes through. Otherwise, I'll go the chargeback route, deal with the consequences with PP, and notify the DA in the seller's AO; (seller already has enough problems, so I hate to go this route).

Can I just say, you are a really nice guy? Were I in your shoes I would be this guy's number one problem...

So the seller had like 2 positive feedback and asked for F&F payment of nearly $500 and OP you who claimed to have 20+ years experience of dealing knives still went ahead pay with F&F? :eek: Sorry for your loss of $ but I am just having a really hard time understanding what you did.

I would think that a chargeback is your best bet. Talk to PayPal, as they may not want to terminate your account over one F&F chargeback if your record is otherwise good.

Joshua Austin Leroux
Aliases Joshua Austin Lerook; Joshua Austin Leroux; Joshua Austin Laroux; Joshua Leroux; Joshua A Leroux

Perhaps a call to his parole officer may be in order

Assigned Officer James Barr
Phone Number (816) 795-6055
Assigned Location District 24 Probation & Parole

Leroux-1291282.jpg

T TStatesboro

Last edited:
Back