RMD's, HRLM's and Waki's.....

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
OH MY! ;)

Bunches of knives will be completed and ready to ship this week and next week. If you are waiting on pre-ordered knives I will most likely be contacting you soon to complete the order.

If you have just placed your order your wait shouldn't be as long as some others have been waiting. The shop has really been working hard to get some knives completed and new orders started.

Thanks for your patience

:D:D

Still waiting for confirmation of my pre-order on Swamp Wardens.

I can't wait..

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a confirmation email on another RMD. Hopefully it will come soon.

I ordered a HRLM friday!!!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked. this sound dumb but I have been dreaming of owning a swamp rat for a long time now.

I ordered a HRLM friday!!!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked. this sound dumb but I have been dreaming of owning a swamp rat for a long time now.

Me neither... waiting on my RMD like a kid on Christmas Morning!++:D

Great choices fellas...I love both of those knives too. You will not be disappointed.

Here are a few pics to drool over until your's arrive.

-Tom
1-6.jpg

10-2.jpg

BrownTrout2009-2-1.jpg

BrownTrout2013-3.jpg

I have a HEST and Izula and 1 bark river so I really wanted to try a SW HRLM. how does it compare to the RC-4 for you guys with both?

I have a HEST and Izula and 1 bark river so I really wanted to try a SW HRLM. how does it compare to the RC-4 for you guys with both?

I bought both a RMD & HRLM. I got an ESEE 4 around christmas time to see if I would like it better than my Fallkniven F1. The 4 just didn't fit my hand well. The handle was a little short and just didn't work for me.

I got the HRLM & RMD (both the same handle by the way) and they feel great. I think I figured out that one of the handle issues that I was having with the ESEE 4 is it's straight handle. My F1 has a little bump at the back that I can use to grip if I want to do a light chopping motion. The swamprat knives have an even more pronounced swell and I love it! The handles are a little longer than either the F1 or ESEE 4 and feel great to me.

Now if I were only going to get one between the RMD & HRLM- I'd get the RMD it's just more versatile as it's a little bigger. I've decided that the RMD is going to be my regular woods knife and the HRLM will be a dedicated hunting knife as it has a little more belly and just seems like it would be perfect for that role. With that said if I got lost in the woods with it I wouldn't feel underknifed.

Hope that helps a little.

I'm a big fan of the RC-4. I have 3 of them and use them regularly. But, in what I consider the mid-sized category, the RMD is the one knife I've found that I like even better. I'm waiting for #3 right now!

thanks guys, proly should of got the rmd but i will start saving now for it!!!

You will NOT.... I repeat,WILL NOT, be disappointed with the HRLM !
I prefer my HRLM over my RMD.. For an all around user,I prefer the balance and feel of it over the RMD..Granted,they do have the same handle,but I believe
that the smaller blade of the HRLM matches up with it much better...

I guess it all comes down to preference...

You "should" get both... :D

I no I wont reget it its just I have a few 4"blades and none bigger except a kabar USMC, I do alot of hiking ,hunting so thats why I went with the HRLM.

I agree that you won't regret the HRLM. It truly is a great knife. I have honestly had the debate in my head whether I should have both. Either would serve me well and I could be perfectly satisfied with one or the other. On the other hand my western desire to acquire and accumulate well-crafted and useful things makes it hard to resist owning two superb knives :D

Well, just go crazy - and spend. Money is just a means buy stuff to eat and such. Knives, you can prepare your own means. And with RMD & HRLMs, you have very capable means for that and much more. They're jammin' tools.

Camp, fish, hunt and prepare the table. and get a warden for easy edc chores.

Back