Review Not Much of Anything Really...

Photo bucket isn't working out very well. I need to sort a new photo hosting situation

Last edited:
Thank you. It looks like some just arrived in Germany. I much prefer the serrated version of this knife for what it is.
Think I got the last one, it shipped yesterday!
Once I've made some scales for it I'll look into how to post pics here. ;)
(planning to make slim G10 scales, a bit more than cord wrap but agree that these scales could be too thick for a blade like this)

Btw, can't see the pics here anymore either, good to have the photobucket link!

Last edited:
Yes that'll work and Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

No worries! :) No idea wtf is going on with PB, I'll trying making a new album...but oddly enough when I go to edit the post here the pics are there in the editing window...

Think I got the last one, it shipped yesterday!
Once I've made some scales for it I'll look into how to post pics here. ;)
(planning to make slim G10 scales, a bit more than cord wrap but agree that these scales could be too thick for a blade like this)

Btw, can't see the pics here anymore either, good to have the photobucket link!

I sent one to the guy who makes scales for my knife designs, I'm hoping he can make me some skeletonized scales for the Utsidihi like he makes for my Tibo design.

20170922_101104_LLS.jpg

20170911_171106.jpg

I'm still waiting for my Utsidihi, was supposed to be here on monday but DPD might just be the worst company I've ever encountered anywhere in the world and after a lot of phone calls and emails they still don't seem capable to deliver it to my house. (friday now, package supposedly has been in Amsterdam since monday)

Once I get it I'll get on the scales, skeletonized scales might be an idea as well although I think regular ones would look better. With thin scales theres not that much material that skeletonizing would take away.. I'll look into it, maybe make a test run in cardboard or something. ;)

PS: can't see the new (Tibor) pics here either but managed to find them in your photobucket.

Apologies for pulling this back to the top but I was looking to see how the Jungle Combat testing has gone; any updates?

I am running a Difensa in S35VN right now but curious how the Nitro V has been in a mid size belt knife.

Cheers
Andy

This is a fantastic in-depth review, thank you so much for taking the time to do it so thoroughly. I love that you did some hard field use, and also some everyday stuff...I mean really, if my knife can't cut a vegan cupcake then do I really care how much bamboo it can chop? I'm not Special Forces, I mostly use my knives for regular guy stuff - cutting boxes, threads, food, and household tasks. Sometimes I baton them just to see what they can withstand, but evaluation for the Average Joe's EDC is the kind of review I find most helpful. I have a particular interest in Nitro-V steel, and this was hugely informative. Thanks again!

Back