Robeson Heirloom Trailing Point

Hey Guys,
Long time lurker here. Been lurking around for about 6 years and never posted anything. So I recently got the Robeson Trailing point, since getting the BK15 years ago I began to really appreciate the trailing point design. I’m also new to D2 steel. Either way there’s not much about these knives out there so hopefully we can start a thread.
I did notice that the grind is uneven and haven’t decided if I should Call OKC to have them evaluate. I’ll field the blade once I decide I if can live with the uneven grind and will report back. I don’t really want to monkey around with the factory edge before I learn more about D2.
Does D2 require diamonds to sharpen or will my King 100/6000 suffice?

I don’t know if it’s possible on a king stone, but I would say that diamonds will make it much easier, especially if you decide to reprofile it yourself. Ontario’s d2 steel is pretty good, not sure why they aren’t mentioned here.

Hey Guys,
Long time lurker here. Been lurking around for about 6 years and never posted anything. So I recently got the Robeson Trailing point, since getting the BK15 years ago I began to really appreciate the trailing point design. I’m also new to D2 steel. Either way there’s not much about these knives out there so hopefully we can start a thread.
I did notice that the grind is uneven and haven’t decided if I should Call OKC to have them evaluate. I’ll field the blade once I decide I if can live with the uneven grind and will report back. I don’t really want to monkey around with the factory edge before I learn more about D2.
Does D2 require diamonds to sharpen or will my King 100/6000 suffice?

Did you get the molded sheath or the wrap around? The only apparent difference in price between the 2 versions of the trailing point blade was the sheath quality. I love the shape of this knife (and Ontario usually does an awesome job with d2) but haven’t been able to decide on a sheath option.

Did you get the molded sheath or the wrap around? The only apparent difference in price between the 2 versions of the trailing point blade was the sheath quality. I love the shape of this knife (and Ontario usually does an awesome job with d2) but haven’t been able to decide on a sheath option.
Late reply... I got the one with the poor quality wrap around sheath. It took a bit of work to make it pliable. It was dry and brittle out the box. The knife is fantastic, will prob have another sheath made in the future.

Back