Rocketed into outer Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You been to the Dr. yet? When I'm at the point you're at, I'm starting to think bronchitis. (But my sickness patterns are pretty predictable.)

No. I'm hacking up some pretty nasty shit though. Kinda like the color actually. :D

I had the opportunity to purchase a brand new Ti Emberlit Fireant for $50 shipped, and I passed it up. Wanted it bad, but I hate when I buy something just for the deal, instead of actually needing it, haha.

I had the opportunity to purchase a brand new Ti Emberlit Fireant for $50, and I passed it up. Wanted it bad, but I hate when I buy something just for the deal, instead of actually needing it, haha.

Good choice on holding off. ;)

Thanks for the well wishes guys.
Had a happy, healthy little boy. 7lbs, 12oz.
Now let the fun begin! Lol. Wow! What a day...
Congratulations again, Jonny!

Good choice on holding off. ;)

Oh yeah?

evil-smiley.png

So now i own a domain that i have no idea how to setup. I cant even figure out how to put a picture on the page, or see the page... Or yea. Best 13 dollars i ever spent :rolleyes: :D

-snark.

That's how it goes, bud. You "own" the name/address, that's all. Sort of like a trademark.

One day you will spend even more money to hire some geeks to provide you with bandwidth to make a website that actually connects to that name/addy.

And perhaps one day you will very seriously consider just saying "Screw it", and let that fancy website fade away, and save a couple hundred bucks a year because you've crunched the numbers and WTF, you're way too dang busy with actual paying jobs to muck around keeping the site updated and weeding through/answering endless bullshit emails everyday... (not all of them are BS, but yeah... by far most of them are looky-loo's with no money and other nitwits wasting your time)

;)

In all seriousness... if you wanna make and sell stuff directly to your clients... having an actual website is vastly over-rated, and frankly a whole heckuva lot more trouble than it's worth.

The maker's membership on this and other forums are a much, MUCH better deal right off the bat, and that generates a boatload more business than any website that you can't afford to pay goggle or bang or bookface to "promote" to "reach" people that don't give a hoot anyway.

If you want to retail other people's stuff, that's a whole other ballgame.

Last edited:
That's how it goes, bud. You "own" the name/address, that's all. Sort of like a trademark.

One day you will spend even more money to actually hire some geeks to provide you with bandwidth to make a website that connects to that name/addy.

And perhaps one day you will very seriously consider just saying "Screw it", and let the domain name and the website fade away, and save a couple hundred bucks a year because WTF, you're way too dang busy with actual paying jobs to muck around keeping the website updated and weeding through/answering endless bullshit emails anyway...

;)

In all seriousness... if you wanna make and sell stuff directly to your clients... having an actual website is vastly over-rated, and frankly a whole heckuva lot more trouble than it's worth.

The maker's membership on this and other forums are a much, MUCH better deal right off the bat, and that generates a boatload more business than any website that you can't afford to pay goggle or bang to promote to "reach" people that don't give a hoot anyway.

James you crack me up bud!!

13 dollars for the year aint bad, but like you said thats just to own the name/address. But it would of been 150 to actual build a site. I wasnt paying that. Eventually i may try and just make a front page, no cart, no selling directly on the site, and no links, just an info page. Thats still prolly a PITA to do though LOL.

I dont have enough products or anything to actually do a website to sell stuff. I just thought id grab the domain name... Now no one else can take it.

Really i hadnt even thought about it until Julio brainwashed me LMAO!!!

Nice avatar WW! Somebody got some mad skizzles, haha. ;) :D

congrats Jonny.
hope the doc gives you something good so you can feel better soon dubs.

Everybody's good for somethin'. The invoice for services rendered (high-end bidness advice and life-coaching) is in the mail... please remit payment ASAP.

:D

I greatly appreciate that bud, im running out of bills to cut up testing edges. I find junk mail and bills in general make the best test medium. I dont even bother reading the words anymore. I see something that looks like a bill and i slice it up. Quick.

I greatly appreciate that bud, im running out of bills to cut up testing edges. I find junk mail and bills in general make the best test medium. I dont even bother reading the words anymore. I see something that looks like a bill and i slice it up. Quick.

Back when we had a wood stove, I was always wanting to get a newspaper press for all the junk mail. If you sign up for enough junk mail, you could heat your home all winter.

http://www.catalogfavorites.com/ite...d&source=pla&gclid=CK60t4WE6cECFYU7MgodOSkAWw

I at least open them and check. I got one in the mail about 2 years ago that I figured was BS advertising and on a whim, opened it. Found a check for $100+ that was a class action lawsuit settlement that I didn't even know I was a party to.

congrats Jonny.
hope the doc gives you something good so you can feel better soon dubs.

Thanks brother, but I probably wont go to the doctor. I'm kinda stubborn that way.

The maker's membership on this and other forums are a much, MUCH better deal right off the bat, and that generates a boatload more business than any website that you can't afford to pay goggle or bang or bookface to "promote" to "reach" people that don't give a hoot anyway.

it's getting boring how often I agree with Mr. T.

"Since I got put in charge of arts and crafts, I MAKE time!" --B.A. Baracus

Thanks brother, but I probably wont go to the doctor. I'm kinda stubborn that way.
Nice knowin' ya :D (just teasin'... I get your point. When yer just plain sick all they can tell you is "rest up, get plenty fluids and ride it out"... and charge you hundreds for the advice. I prescribe chicken soup...)

Well shoot... I guess you're not gonna send me a big stack of cash anytime soon. Can't blame ya, I pretty much do the same thing. Y'all shoulda seen the look on the state tax-collector's face last week when she showed up knockin' at my shop door and wound up resting peacefully in the compost bin... bless her heart. I predict a bumper crop of maters and taters next year...

I confess that I haven't looked into the Urban Survival Contest Thread... but if it hasn't been brung up yet.... someone needs to do a tutorial on storing and pressing junk-mail into fireplace logs :thumbup: That's good for the environment; keep that crap outta the landfills. Also, 60 years ago in the sieges of Leningrad and Stalingrad, those cats would have been damn happy to have a pile of heating/cooking material like that. :thumbup:

Nice knowin' ya :D (just teasin'... I get your point. When yer just plain sick all they can tell you is "rest up, get plenty fluids and ride it out"... and charge you hundreds for the advice. I prescribe chicken soup...)

I hear ya. I figure all they'll do is prescribe me a z pack. I never take medicine unless I absolutely have too. I rarely even take anything when I have a headache, unless it starts thumping too bad.

it's getting boring how often I agree with Mr. T.

Always being right is a tremendous responsibility and frankly, a burden. But don't worry D, sooner or later I'll post something completely wrong... and we all count on you to say "Ummm... no. Here's how it really is." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back