Rockstead Knowledge Thread

Has anyone seen the new Ritsu that's being released this month? I think I'm gonna need to sell a kidney:eek:

e83f0181c16e9bacd6b5afc61343b4355687f87c.jpg

597bb72e69d74608ce216d5c35a8e91baab4b6a0.jpg

cb79546d92679e5cc919e84dd48e1c0c907525a9.jpg
I found the Ritsu for sale online. It's only $1,850.00!

Very strange lanyard hole to match the strange blade fuller hole....wonder if Hinderer is making accessories that fit into them yet? :D

Last edited:
Thinking about putting a bail for a lanyard on my Higo.....stay tuned I got something cookin...I think it will look real nice...

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen

I'm asking for a huge favour , OK Im begging ....

I'm seriously considering a DON ZDP but its the only fixed blade Rockstead, which has a semi integral handle.

DONT get me wrong its just from a strength point I really prefer full integral

So im asking If possible could someone post a picture of a DON-ZDP without the micarta handle,

Thanks in advance

I've never come across one, maybe someone else has....the simplistic clip seems to be a common complaint among people considering the purchase of a Rocky. I have found that the clip works very well and is very sturdy in design, probably more so than CRK.
I think designing an aftermarket milled clip for the Rockstead would be a task in its own right, I cant imagine trying to match or compliment the flowing seashell scales of the Higo or rayskin on the other models...

It looks like your handles are polished, while mine are the same matte finish all the way around

I wanted to thank everyone who replied to this thread. Last weekend I read through all. 73 pages. I was very close to ordering an ironwood Chou, but because of the information provided here I don't think a Rockstead is for me at this time. I have 2 major concerns, one is the hassle to send it back to Japan for sharpening with questionable results, and two what if it is unimaginablely sharp then my other knives will seem inadequate and I will feel the need to buy more Rockstead.

I wanted to thank everyone who replied to this thread. Last weekend I read through all. 73 pages. I was very close to ordering an ironwood Chou, but because of the information provided here I don't think a Rockstead is for me at this time. I have 2 major concerns, one is the hassle to send it back to Japan for sharpening with questionable results, and two what if it is unimaginablely sharp then my other knives will seem inadequate and I will feel the need to buy more Rockstead.

This thread is like most threads on the internet....got to take it with a grain of salt. Especially, when these so called "experts" having non technical background or profession.

When comes to resharpening a Rockstead, especially someone says they hear it from a friend of a friend or amateurish sharpening video and such ... well, we can draw our own conclusions.

To answer your questions:

1. Suggest google "jerzeedevil" and "Nemoknivesreview" - both demonstrated with documented long term use/abuse, as well as sent back to Japan for resharpen service.

2. Only you can justify. I personally have Shin, Tei, ironwood Chou, ironwood Higo, Shun and Ryo at the moment.

Might not help you in your Rockstead decision but some food for thought!

Back